“Surprise find”
Review of The Byre Cafe

The Byre Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bootle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cosy Cafe providing home cooked hot and cold food.
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

On our way to Whitehaven and decided to stop at this cafe, lovely tea room, had soup and a sandwich really nice food.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stopped here on a drive between Ulverston and Whitehaven, just looking for somewhere we could still find some lunch. If I am being truthful we almost certainly wouldn't have stopped if we had gone so far into the afternoon, but I am so glad that we did. The ploughman's I had was delicious, and the homemade beetroot and apple chutney superb (I don't actually like beetroot). In the absence of homemade pate we were served some pork and apple loaf...my advice? Permanently substitute this for the pate. The lady who served us, and had lived her whole life in the area, was charming too. So we sat and passed half an hour or so eating great food in the shadow of incredible scenery. If I ever pass that way again, I would very happily stop.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with our special friend Robbie and his parents, fantastic service, fantastic food and Doreen was an excellent & friendly waitress :-)
Thank you also for the kind donation towards the Wheels 4 Robbie Targa Rally to raise money for a new all terrain wheelchair for Robbie !

We will be back :-)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went here with my parents last Sunday, and what a lovely place it turned out to be! I'd heard reviews, but never had a chance to visit. The food was absolutely delicious (between us we had a Sunday roast, a brie & bacon ciabatta & a goats cheese with beetroot chutney toastie, oh and some chips!) and reasonably priced (it was about £15 a head for lunch, a pudding and lots of cups of tea). I had a warm chocolate brownie with ice cream, which was everything you would want it to be! I also bought some of their home made Grasmere gingerbread to take home, and it certainly didn't disappoint! All the puds and bakes were home made, which is always a bonus. I wouldn't make a special trip to go, as it is out of my way, however I would definitely visit again if I was passing. The only thing that's stopped my giving 5 stars is the under average service of one of the young waitresses, however I've been one myself and I know you can't remember everything! The older woman who served us was fantastic though, and very friendly too.
Would highly recommend this place, and I can't wait until I get a chance to return! :)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Lovely little tea room, but be prepared to wait on a saturday, as service is quite slow. Lovely afternoon tea though