Aqi hotel is located right in front of one of Schladming's (probably) most dangeours ski pistes which looks like being at and angle of around 50 degrees facing North, but what an amazing view that is! The train station is less than 10min by taxi and can take you in less than 2h directly to Salzburg train station (and 2 euros by bus 2 or 43 euros by taxi to Salzburg airport), on the left of the hotel there is an amazing 'Cabane' that houses the most amazing atmosphere you will find in Schladming with Disco/Music (some days annoyingly packed with German&Rock'n'Roll hits of the last 3 decades but better other days)/Beer Drinking/Eating that runs from 'Apres Ski' of 4pm until early next day!!!!!! However smoking is not banned anywhere in Austria so expect to be covered in smoke, nevermind seeing other skiers dancing around in their tight ski trousers or even skiing boots!!!!!! Hilarious. On the right of the hotel there is the Ski complex that takes you right up to the top of the mountain at over 1800 metres (and is linked to the numerous other pistes), where you can also have some beautiful and cheap Austrian meals. Take on your right to the centre of Schadming on a beautiful 5min walk and discover some little restaurants hidden off the main pedestrian road, where late at night some locals sing in beautiful male choirs their 1920's Marlene Dietrich's and other well known melancholic songs and welcome you with a smile and a clap to join in! However shops/supermarket close around 6pm, so do not leave it for too late to buy your stuff.
Negative things about the hotel:
- no telephone in the room and no kettle if you fancy having a cup of tea, however the bar/reception always give away some beautiful blends of teas (my fave was Mountain herbs) and milk
- the room has an Ikea feel but is beautifully organised: large room as you enter (all rooms only 2 single beds though and no doubles) with sink (liquid soap only) margined by WC to one side and extremely large shower room with liquid shampoo to the other side. Everything looks new, clean cut, just delightfully cute
- some people tend to smoke in their rooms (very thin walls and you can hear people talking or as they walk on the hallway) but when informed, the reception takes immediate action
The breakfast runs up to 10am and there are lots of food choices and several areas you can chose to sit, in the reception area there are 2 PCs you can access free of charge as well as wireless connection in the hotel and the reception is very helpful if you have problems with the connection. They can also call taxis for you to anywhere in the city/the modern and efficient hospital/train station and everything seems to be 8-10 euros one way. Despite being some 1-2 Degrees Celsius, you can sit in the sun in front of the hotel in only a jumper and watch the skiers coming down the mountain and even get a tan!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TUI BLUE PULSE Schladming, directly on slope, with a total of 107 rooms and 238 beds presents itself as a modern and stylish hotel with clear lines in design and architecture. An extra special highlight is the panoramic view from the SkySauna across the Dachstein-Tauern. There are several saunas with a generous relaxing zone and outside roof terrace. The up-to-date and functional facilities include: 1 restaurant: plentiful breakfast buffet; if half board is booked you can enjoy a salad buffet, starter, 2 soups, 3 main dishes at our show cooking stations, dessert. Vegan food available. Bar and Lobby area with fireplace, internet terminals, iPads and drinks machine, Ski and ski boot room / bike storage, SkySauna (finish sauna, infrared cabin, steam bath) with relax zone and roof terrace. Underground garage (charge applies during winter season)Check-in: from 14:00 hours, Check-out: up to 10:30 hours. No pets are allowed. Kids: 15+ We are a non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your TUI BLUE PULSE Schladming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.