“AustroMex!”

Maria's Mexican
Ranked #50 of 69 Restaurants in Schladming
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Radstadt, Austria
“AustroMex!”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Decent enough menu, although not particularly varied.
Mainly Enchillada and Quesadilla based.
But well cooked, wel presented and nice environment.
Drinks are a wee bit pricey... but it is a ski town in Austria!

• Visited December 2012

Uppermill, United Kingdom
“About as Mexican as i am. An interesting experience, but not one I'll repeat.”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We didn't get our first choice of menu option (more on this to follow), so this probably didn't help matters, but the food we did get was unusual, certainly not Mexican and definitely not something we would return for.

My partner and I were the first people in to Maria's this evening. It was totally empty. We ordered some drinks and then a large table of cyclists arrived. Somehow their food order was taken first, so when the waiter came to us there were no ribs left... as the bikers had taken the only two portions available that evening. Brilliant.

Instead we chose Tostaditas and Beef Bourginon burrito. I know the beef was an odd choice, but of the "Mexican" food on the menu there wasn't much left once i had ruled out cream sauce and white wine sauce (mexican?!). Anyway, if you have ever had a burrito before, forget that image. This was nothing like it. No fresh lime, no rice, no salsa. This was a tortilla folded over, filled with the beefy mushroom mix (nothing else), covered in cheese and then grilled. Certainly not a burrito.

The tostaditas was, err, exactly the same but with a pork and tomato filling. So basically a tortilla folded over, filled with the pork mix (nothing else), covered in cheese and then grilled.

I suspect the chicken enchilada and the chili tortilla would be exactly the same but with a different filling. They've not quite got the hang of this Mexican food!

Maybe the ribs would have been nicer, but some Dutch mountain bikers ate mine. I hope they liked them.

Rohrmoos-Untertal, Austria
“tasty food, good atmosphere & service”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

you could call me a regular customer at Maria's, and I must say I really like hanging out there. the food is really good, value for money is o.k. and atmosphere and people there are good too. like the name indicates, Maria's is about Mexican food and they do their job quite well on that - also the choice on matching cocktails, long drinks, etc. is quite good. staff there has always been one of the best & most friendly in town, so I can really recommend it.
only thing why they don't get a 5-pointer is because of the music they play - while it's really good in the evenings (lounge music, blues, jazz, world-music, etc.) when there's mainly restaurant guests, it gets too mainstream afterwards when there's mainly drink & bar business ... used to be better a couple of years ago.

• Visited May 2012
Vienna, Wien, Austria
“Fun - despite the fact that the food has little to do with real Mexican”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This place was fun, and despite the fact that the food actually has little to do with proper Mexican food, I'm still rating it a 4 for some odd reason. Mainly for the atmosphere, and the fact that it is a bit different for Schladming.

This place has a nice buzz, full of groups of rosy cheeked outdoorsy types slightly hyped up on tequila, warm lighting and friendly waiters. The food is actually kind of wrong, if you are familiar with real Mexican food. Let me sum it up in a nutshell - Beef Stroganoff Burrito! Need I say more. Having said that, I am not embarrassed to say that it actually tasted good. Partially, because they melt some insanely good stinky crispy cheese over everything!

I say, just go with it. Load up on drinks, soak up the atmosphere after a day on the mountain and have some fun. Oh, and if you happen to be coming over from Mexico or the US, bring the Chef a bottle of proper Salsa as a gift!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank MimsGB
Somerset
“Best food in Schladming”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I ate here 4 times in a week and a half, the food was fresh and tasted great! The waitress remembered my friend and I and gave fantastic service always remembering what we were drinking!!

This is a must when in Schladming!!