“Rude treatment”

Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband is a member of accor premier. He had to stay to stay for a month plus. The service are not consistent; waste basket in the room not emptied, nespreso beans not replenish etc. But what pushed me completely was the treatment I get when I mentioned that we need to extend our stay.. for two weeks. The manager on duty was rude and treated me like I'm begging to stay instead of being a paid customer. Due to peak season in France I understood the urgency to mention our extend but do you have to be rude? And to think that we are accor premier member. Thank you very much for a memorable treatment.

• Stayed: July 2014
Dominique G, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Madam,

First of all I do apologize for the reception staff attitude. I think that there was a misunderstanding regarding your booking. As it was made by a company through a travel agency we had to obtain their agreement before changing anything. The reception manager did it successfully and solved the problem.

Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for convenience as it was close to the offices I was visiting, and it's a decent enough hotel, although not especially good value for the money, but then that's quite common with hotels in commercial areas... so moving on.
Room was of a reasonable size and was clean, if showing signs of age. Overall though nothing much to complain about here, or to get too excited about either. Downstairs the bar and restaurant were both reasonable too, if almost inevitably a bit on the pricey side. All in all a decidedly average hotel at a price that would leave me expecting a little more.
Had I not been reimbursed for my trip, or if I'd been visiting the area for pleasure, not sure I'd stay here, but for a short business trip it's good enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 404tuneless
Dominique G, Manager at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here on business as it was walking distance to an office I was visiting. To begin with I've stayed in 5 star hotels in Vegas that cost me less money. But then again I am guessing most people staying here will be doing so on business so possibly not paying themselves. But best part of 19 euros for a breakfast, really?

The room I was in was fine, kind of standard hotel room. The bed springs were very creekey and the bed seemed like some kind of very upmarket camp bed type thing, but it was fine as long as you don't move much in your sleep.

Biggest issue for me was that I had an adjoining room and I could hear everything my neighbour was up to. The walls seemed quote thin and the noise just came through the walls and the door to the adjoining room. So on the first night I was just dropping off when my neighbour got in at 11.15pm, shouted to someone else they would meet them for breakfast, kind of slammed the door and then proceeded to watch Coronation Street in French (thanks for the consideration of fellow guests I thought). I'm sure the TV volume was not turned up that much but I could hear everything, And after than I was effectively sleeping about 3 yards away from someone and I could hear everything they were doing. At one stage I was sure I could hear him sniffing. Which is not great for a relaxing and peaceful nights sleep really.

Next night he may of moved or was a lot more considerate as I didn't really hear him and got a much better nights sleep.

I know the hotel can not influence how noisy and inconsiderate their guests are, but I think they could have better soundproofing in room so you don't need earplugs if the person next door has the TV on. To me a hotel should provide a good nights sleep first and foremost, and then worry about other things.

Room Tip: Ask for a non adjoining room if they have them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dominique G, Manager at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all, I do apologize for what happened during your stay in our Hotel. When you will come back here, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Started a new job so stayed here for my first week, firstly a 10 minute walk to work & secondly i am a Gold card member of the Accor group so expected much the same as I have in other Mercure Hotels,,, WRONG. Arrived Sunday night off the BA from Heathrow at Orly, 20 mins by taxi to Hotel. Given an upgrade to privilege room which was nice (hmmm) informed bar & restaurant closed at the weekends, WHAT,,, room service,,,non, beer, non, wine, non bag of crisps, non, tres bien anything in the are open, non. Classed as a new town Saint Quentin is pretty much deserted at the weekends & in the evenings,, we are talking ghost town just missing the tumble weeds,, ended u walking 30 mins to a McDonalds that was just closing managed to rustle up a horriburger & cold frites,, the Heineken made up for it, YUK I hate McDonalds. 3 days into my first week public holiday,, bar closed, restaurant closed again?? Ended up at Subway YUK there is nothing in the area eventhough it is busy during the day. The Hotel is a bit dated but the room was okay, network a bit iffy,, hangs up, stops & starts or pay 9 euros extra for higher speed ?? 6 nights & 825 euros gutted !! not impressed & will not be back. Moved to Versaille on day 6 nice to be back in civilization, shops, restaurants, people, 10 minutes on the train a world of difference.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dominique G, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Sir,
We feel very sorry for what happened during your stay in our hotel. We failed to service your room-service, as it should have been. Do not hesitate to contact us to find a solution, the next time you come.
Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Best regards

Reviewed 17 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
mercure78, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I would like to say thank you for a very good weekend.

Your hotel perfectly matched our plans in terms of overall location:
-walk from Tour de Eiffel to the Cathedral ( RER next door to the hotel is a great solution )
-visit to the castle in Versailles ( just 2 stops by any train )
-out of the Centre for easy and cheaper parking
-a bit of shopping - shops 3min. walking distance away

Good and clean Rooms
Kind receptionists and the lady serving breakfast
Fresh breakfast
Free minibar in Privildged Rooms
Good interconnecting Rooms solution for families of 4

Many thanks!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
mercure78, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Dominique GUERET

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The location is quite a unusual location, but as a lot of companies have a office close by in the Trappes industrial area, finding a good hotel is hard. If you need a hotel that has something else to do as well than just staying in your room and eating every night at the hotel restaurant, then the Mercure is a good choice. To get the best out of the hotel, you should select the Privilège room. The hotel staff is very friendly. There are a few restaurants around the hotel and also a big shopping center.
In general the rooms are clean and of good quality. One thing to try to avoid is the adjacent rooms as then you hear very easily what is happening in the room next door as well as the bed is not the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
mercure78, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for your remarks. Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Best regards,

Dominique Guéret

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Ibis Hotel Saint Quentin en Yvelines Velodrome
Ibis Hotel Saint Quentin en Yvel...
#1 of 6 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Ibis Budget Saint Quentin en Yvelines Velodrome
Ibis Budget Saint Quentin en Yve...
#2 of 6 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Campanile Saint Quentin En Yvelines
Campanile Saint Quentin En Yveli...
#5 of 9 in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
Best Western Paris Saint-Quentin
Best Western Paris Saint-Quentin
#5 of 6 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Kyriad Saint Quentin En Yvelines - Montigny
Kyriad Saint Quentin En Yvelines...
#4 of 6 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Best Western The Wish Versailles

Been to Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre? Share your experiences!