See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is a difficult place to review. It could be wonderful but needs some tlc. For those like us who love peace a quiet this could not be bettered. Two km down a private road. The building is fascinating with many original features. The staff are friendly.
However, washbasin not secured to the wall and several other loose fittings. Had to kill and remove 10 or so half dead wasps from the bed and floor.
Whilst the basic price is fair the. Cost of breakfast and dinner was high, 51 euros for two with no drinks.
Did I enjoy my brief stay,yes but it could have been so much better.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We hosted our wedding there two years ago ...it was just amazing, our family and friends still talk about the wonderful time spent there.
We went back last weekend, and had a lovely relaxing time. The welcoming staff, the food and ambiance, and the amazing countryside could not be faulted.
We would highly recommend it for an occasion with family or friends or for a romantic restful getaway.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lornasvq
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I was tempted to try this cortijo by a
Travelzoo offer and the good reviews on this site. I was travelling from our home on the Costa del Sol with two friends in their late seventies who are not in particularly good health and who were looking forward to a relaxing comfortable break. We were shocked to discover the very basic conditions at this cortijo. There was no way I could allow my friends to stay in the room they were given which was very cold, despite the air con/heater, and with a bathroom which could have rivalled Antarctica for temperature. The sparse furniture and bedding and lack of any kind of comfortable seating made it totally unsuitable for elderly people.

The smell of damp was also very evident and the public sitting room too, with communal dining area and a small fire lit in the large fireplace, offered little in the way of comfort. I can see how this place could be quite charming in the summer with its rural location but as a winter destination the accommodation offered was just not acceptable at any price. I have stayed in many hostels, small hotels and rural properties in Spain but this was by far the worst I have seen in terms of basic amenities.

We left immediately for the good of all of our health.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Teabag
Reviewed 19 August 2016

This is a beautifully located hotel in a converted olive mill. The rooms are simple and quite small, but that doesn't matter as you will want to be outside in the lovely courtyard, by the pool or exploring the surrounding area. It offers really good value compared to other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sukie65
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

A lovely restful stay in a small hotel. Beautiful surroundings by the Andalusian national park. Breakfast included orange juice which you pressed yourself and local honey. Staff very helpful and friendly. Car essential, although the hotel does provide a shuttle service.

Date of stay: August 2016