See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review while laid in the comfy bed at hotel la fonda del califa.
We have been travelling around Spain for the past two weeks and booked this hotel last minute as a stop gap before we move onto seville tomorrow.
We arrived and were greeted by the warmest welcome ever. My job back home is front of house manager at a 5* hotel in the UK. The cost of a nights stay in the hotel where I work is between £305 and £920 per night, so I don't expect to stay anywhere with 5* service as we were not paying anywhere near that!
However the lady in this hotel (sorry didn't catch your name) is well worth 5* and I wish I worked with someone like her in my team back home.
The hotel itself is full of charm and history and although basic it has everything we need for a short stay.
We have all said we would return to this hotel each time we visit Spain.
Well done to the lady on reception and thank you for making our stay in Arcos so special.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
JordiSoleRuiz, Propietario at Hotel La Fonda del Califa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you very much for your appreciation, I will tell Ruth about your positive and excellent apprecietion about her job
We will be glad to receive you again

Reviewed 28 June 2017

La Fonda Del Califa is such a beautiful Hotel. The house is beautiful, full of history and the decorations are amazing. The receptionists were endlessly helpful and lovely and the hotel is located in the centre of the beautiful town of Arcos de la Frontera, a wonderful place to visit. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JordiSoleRuiz, Propietario at Hotel La Fonda del Califa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you very much Elin for your positive opinion about our Hotel, we hope to see you soon again.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Great price, super clean and where you want to be. Also right outside of the old town, only a 10-minute walk. 'They include free breakfast and parking...even better. Comfortable bed and we had a cute porch. Friendly helpful staff. Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jordi S, Propietario at Hotel La Fonda del Califa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Thank you very much for your positive opinion about our Hotel, we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2016

We stayed here for several nights in this spotlessly clean hotel. Parking is very convenient in the nearby Plaza de España underground parking lot - 10 Euros a night. It's a nice uphill walk from the historic hotel to some of the major sights and restaurants. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We paid 60 Euros a night.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jordi S, Propietario at Hotel La Fonda del Califa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion, hope we see yopu back on the future, best regards

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed in Arcos one night mid May and found the rooms OK but fairly basic. Large old hotel that has obviously seen better days but it is well located to walk up to the old town. The rooms are of reasonable size, beds OK. Bathroom was basic and I had to repair loo cistern as when I pulled the button to release the water the knob came out in my hand and the rest fell back into the water!

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful but when we came down for breakfast at 9 am on Sunday we were told they did not begin service until 9:30. Breakfast was fairly basic and in a dark and dingy room. We were given a reduced rate on the parking at the main underground car park a couple of hundred yards away. All in all it was fine for the price.

Room tip: We were given rooms on first floor facing the street but cannot say any more as we did not see any other rooms. Street was not noisy.
Date of stay: May 2013