“Top class everything”
Review of Pezzafina - CLOSED

Pezzafina
Price range: US$24 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pezzafina in Frascati, the new restaurant born from 'friendship with Enrico "Pezzafina" Troiani and Fausto Soldini.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The thing that stands out most about this place is the service. The food is delicious, the setting is cosy and warm, and it's good value for money too, but it's the people who really make it. We booked for 9pm on a Thursday evening, whilst staying in nearby Marino for the night. We were given a choice of table from those available (a small thing perhaps, but I appreciate being able to choose where I sit), and although there were other tables occupied (including a big group who seemed to be both local and regulars - always a good sign, I suspect), the diners were spaced out comfortably. Both the waiter and the chef were extremely friendly, helpful and attentive - the chef came to consult us several times about the food we'd ordered, even asking which type of pasta we preferred for the primi. The food itself was great, and the portions spot on. We took: a mixed antipasto, plus bruschette, and suplì; two primi - amatriciana and cacio e pepe; and two desserts - a semifreddo with pistacchio, and a tiramìsu. We also had a litre of house wine, a litre of water, and two limoncelli. In total we paid 56 euros, although I'd expected it to be more. Very reasonably priced considering the quality and service. If I lived closer, I'd definitely be a regular. I definitely recommend this place if you're staying in the surrounding areas. Five stars!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Was given the address of this restaurant by the receptionist of the hotel we were staying in and even though we had to wait for the restaurant to open (7.30pm) it was well worth it. We were even invited in to sit and wait for the 15mins by Fausto.
He then gave us an English menu and showed us what most of the locals like to eat there, so we ended up having a genuine Italian meal the way the Italians eat.
Overall a great experience with great food.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Yet again the trip advisor reviewers get it right. A bit of a place to find but once there so glad we made the effort.

We just called on the off chance as we were on a few nights in Frascati and a seat was found for us. The place really started to get busy but all tables were nicely placed so you were not on top of each other.

From start to finish the staff, the surroundings, the atmosphere, the food- all excellent. The staff were so helpful with the menu and wine choices.

Give it a go- you'll not be disappointed.

1  Thank Geraldine R
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I'm from the Netherlands and my boyfriend's Italian, from Rome. We are currently studying in Scotland, but decided to visit Italy together just after Easter this year. After a big tour of Rome and various lovely foodstuffs later, we decided to go to this restaurant on the last evening of our trip. Never having been to this restaurant before, but having seen several good reviews, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! Right from the beginning we noticed the staff was very friendly, which is always a bonus in my opinion! My boyfriends father asked about the guanciale at the restaurant and the person that was serving us got it from the kitchen and promptly showed it to us (It looked yummy yummy yummy!). Also, they were very honest in advising us about which dishes were special and a must try (Although, everything I tasted there was good, so I'm sure whatever you choose will be a good choice)..I ended up having a marinated piece of beef (manzo marinato al forno), on the bone that was cooked for ages, making it soft and buttery in texture. The other people I was with chose pasta dishes and these were also very delicious. One thing that stood out, though (apparently they're famous for it) was their antipasti, especially the (eggplant) parmiggiana, absolutely delicious! We also had tiramisu and pistachio "ice cream" (pistacchio semi freddo), both were very nice although pistachio dish was beautiful in both texture and taste. TL;DR: In general; Nice people, good atmosphere, good food, definitely will go there again on my next trip to Rome!

1  Thank Bianca P
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My and my husband went from the center of Rome to Frascati, just to eat in that restaurant because we trusted the comments on Tripadvisor. Although we just called before going there, they were so nice to tell us on phone that they will immediately arrange a table for us. After arriving Frascati, which is very calm and and a silent place, getting closer to the restaurant we heard the rock n'roll music coming out and we started to smile and till we went out from the restaurant super full and super satisfied we kept on smiling all the time! The owners are very cheerful, the staff asked us one million times, how the food is, what we think, if everything is ok or not. The menu can be a little bit 'limited' comparing to the other 'touristic' restaurants in Rome, but every meal we tasted was great. The house wine was very good, the meat was delicious, the antipasti (starters) were abundant and they are really generous for portions of the food. I was speaking in English with my husband and the owner made funny jokes about our speech. We had really fun in that restaurant, really. It is not just 'great food' it is also a great welcoming and hosting too. After paying the bill, they offered 'limoncello' too. By the way, we had starters, first course, second course, half litre of house wine, water and coffee; we paid 75 euro which is totally acceptable for 2 people.

1  Thank smysmy