“Wonderful personal tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wine in Tour - CLOSED

Wine in Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: WE ARE REAL WINE MAKERS! Not only a fully lincensed and insured tour operator, not only expert about wine, not only sommelier advices! Join us, discover the Wine World and our beautiful Italy, though our eyes. Your wine tour experience with us will match with the great occasions to discover history and gourmet spots by the way, as a local. Plan the perfect WINE travel experience in ITALY with us! Wine in Tour offers several services, not only fun wine tours, but even day trips and holidays in Rome and the whole Italy. Individuals and groups are welcome! As well as for who is looking for a congress centre and team building activities. Lots of ideas and things to do with us! Have a look from our site, but if you don't find online what you are looking for, simply email us or just 'like us' on facebook for a quicker response! We will take care of your travel as carefully as we should plan our own. Waiting for you among the Vineyards, Veronica and the Wine in Tour's professional Staff.
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful personal tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

What a delightful tour we had. Veronica was very friendly and knowledgeable, and it was an absolute pleasure to visit the vineyards, sample the wines, olives, olive oil, and the olives were out of this world. The views from the vineyards were breath taking. The meal at the family restaurant was delicious, as was the wine, and we would highly recommend this excellent tour.

Visited March 2014
Veronica T, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Ciao Helen! Thank you Helen for such a lovely review! YES, WE ARE REAL WINE MAKERS, not just wine enthusiast! We just ADORE our Land! And we DO WANT to promote the great beauty and ancient history of the whole CASTELLI ROMANI area! Feel welcome at every time!
ARRIVEDERCI A ROMA! Veronica ;)

Salt Point, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So happy we booked this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We decided to spend the day in the country during our week visit to Rome. We wanted a personal experience, not a big group tour, and wanted to be picked up at our hotel. What a pleasure to meet Veronica. She's the real deal - passionate about her heritage, her land, her family, her wines. We visited their vineyards high on the hills overlooking Rome. Tasted delicious Frascati wines, ate cheese made from the milk of her father's sheep; tasted their outstanding olive oil and gelatos also made with their wines.

Lunch was at the family's local restaurant. What an affair! Delicious grilled fresh vegetables, dried meats, pastas, desserts and wine, wine, wine! Then off to visit the family's villa that is perched on Lake Albano across from Gandalpho, the Pope's summer residence. Veronica then took us to the picturesque medieval village of Nemi. Just beautiful! It's a step back in time and so refreshing after the rush of the city.

We highly recommend planning a day with Veronica. If you want a real family farm vineyard experience, 1 hour from Rome, call Veronica and spend the day in beautiful Frascati. It's hidden gem!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Karen V
Veronica T, Proprietario at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Ciao Karen! Your review is so kind: thank you.
I would love to see you all soon, next in the future. Take care. I am so glad to have the special occasion of meeting people so nice as you are. This is the work I liked more. for sure.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice day out amongst the Italian vineyards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

It was a relaxed and informative day at Donnardea winery, where we learnt some information about the wines produced in the region and enjoyed the atmosphere and the grounds. The owners of the vineyards are friendly and very passionate about what they do. This tranquil place surrounded by beautiful grounds is located only 30 min from Rome. We visited the winery during the grape harvest and therefore managed to pick and taste the grapes ourselves. We finished the day with a lovely picnic lunch accompanied by the delicious wine produced in their winery. Thank you Adriana for hosting us!

2 Thank Well-traveled-EEH
Veronica T, Proprietario at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
GRAZIE ELENA! I'm happy that you were satisfied by our services, by the quality of our wines, by the traditions of my family! Adriana is my mother, and everything that I am in terms of enthusiasm and passion for our oenological traditions, it is thanks to her. I will tell her about your words, she will be thrilled for sure. Donnardea is my own winery, I grow up there. My dream? Let the local people realize that we must promote our traditions if we want to get safer our landscapes and tasty food & wines...
THANK YOU AGAIN! Come back soon: there is so much to be discovered here in the Castelli Romani area!
Bel Air, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Roman Vineyard Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Ah, what a delightful tour in Frascati, Italy. "Wine in Tour" provided a very memorable day to the town of Frascati, Italy just above Rome. From the hills we overlooked all of Rome Then into town to get some local food for the morning snack at a vineyard along with delicious wine tastings. The personalized tour around the vineyard was incredible.
We had lunch in a wonderful restaurant that served the finest
of the local food. Then off to see the bottling plant. Quite an interesting day from seeing the grapes on the vines to the boxes ready for shipping. The bonus, of course, was the tasting of many different wines from Frascati.
Veronica was an excellent guide and teacher.

2 Thank MargeBob
Thank you both so much for coming and for your candid review. I loved chatting with you and I hope to see you back here! Arrivederci a Frascati!
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A MESSAGE TO ALL WHO ARE PLANNING A VISIT TO ROME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

3We had the pleasure of experiencing a short stay in Rome and thoroughly enjoyed the services offered by "Wine in Tour", Veronica Trasmondi. "Wine in Tour" is one of a few companies that organise first rate wine tours that we know of in Rome.

Why spend at least 3 hours each way travelling to Tuscany for a short stay at a winery when there are delightful wineries within an hours drive from central Rome?.

The wines we tasted were marvellous and "stirred the soul", together with Veronica's expert knowledge of the history of wine making and wines made our day!

"Wine in Tour" also organises transfers to and from Civitavecchia, (Rome's Port), to and from both airports, including visits to Rome's many attractions either as a private tour or in groups, which can include dependable qualified tour guides of "first rate" quality and knowledge.

Accommodation in quality hotels such as Castel Vecchio, (where we stayed) overlooking the magnificent Lake Albano can also be arranged.

Veronica's "Wine in Tour" organised our Rome holiday with the highlights being the wine tour and the private tour of the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum and St Peters for Hana and myself, which by the way included accommodation and transfers by reliable private drivers.

Without hesitation we would recommend Veronica's, "wine in Tour" to address and organise your holiday while in Rome.

2 Thank Norman S
"I have a dream..." and now thanks to you and to all the other wine travel enthusiasts like me, my dream became reality. Yes I am a real winemaker, as my parents. Yes my husband is a winemaker as well as his father... Yes I am a professional sommelier as well. BUT THAN...Yes I have a great love for the whole LAZIO region. Yes I manage a full licensed tour operator. Yes, you can travel with 'Wine In Tour' , you can ask for a classic wine tour by the winery, or for just an excursion discovering the highlights of Rome or across the Castelli Romani area, private or shared tours - from 2 hours to one week, transfer services, cozy and selected accommodation, B&B, you always will feel pampered by us, and from our high selected drivers, professional historical guides, customer service...simply ask. You asked Norman and that makes me really happy! Thank you again.