“Great find”

Green Hotel Poggio Regillo
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Frascati
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Clean, comfortable, book for a standard room, but.given a double room with balcony with garden view, and a kitchenette and a dining area, felt more like a suite, for the price, I certainly not complaining. Breakfast has left me pleasantly surprised and can't complement enough. All in all, highly recommended, but a word of reminder, you do need a car to get round.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Derris L

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The AC did not work in our room, no discussion and they offered us an other room. Clean, nice rooms. Great service, nice reception, very helpful team at work. Extremely nice reception. Great breakfast. Free parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaudeBron
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed at this well run efficient , and friendly hotel for 2 days in early August 2012.
We stayed in the Sangiovesi suite ( a suite consisting of a 2 bedded room and a double room with bathroom and also large fridge in large entrance hall) The rooms were very clean, comfortable bed and pillows,Excellent airconditioning ( temperatures during our stay High 37 to 38C)The reception staff were very friendly and helpful,arranging taxis, recomending hotel reservations etc.They also must have noticed from our passports that it was my wifes birthday during our stay and left a small gift( chocolates) and a happy birthday message on our bed.
We would highly recomend this hotel to anyone who wants a good base to explore Frascati and the other Castelli Romani.Very close to Ciampino airport,so would be ideal for a mini break. Car is necessary for exploring local towns but the hotel do have a complimentary shullte bus at certain times of day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank richardfromwales
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This hotel is not in Frascati, but about 5-10 mins drive from the town.

My brother stayed on a Friday night and I stayed the following Saturday. Well, both of the days the air conditioning was not working in all of the rooms.
The hotel is very close to a busy highway, so simply opening the windows was not an easy option.
The excuse (?) was the repairmen were not available on Saturdays and Sundays.
So, think twice if you are going to stay there over a weekend.
The wifi is free but it did not work for me.

The morning after, we wanted to talk with the hotel manager, but we were told he would come "after 11am".
We were given a 20% discount for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I spent two nights at the hotel in early June 2012 as I was attending a wedding in the vicinity. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The room, despite not having the best view in the hotel, was clean and comfortable. The hotel is situated in a lovely part of the town and represents very good value for money. If ever I find myself in that neck of the woods again I would certainly stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Honestly, when we've arrived from Rome to Frascati, I had no idea whatsoever what one can do here...no people, no taxies, nothing...Then I understood: you can only relax here: sleep, eat and of course drink a lot of wine! A taxi driver dropped us in Poggio Regillo, which was 10 minutes away from the train station and she asked for 13 euro, but then we found out from the hotel personell, that we could have arranged shuttle, provided by our hotel. So next time we are there, we should let them know we are arriving, so that they can provide free transportation for us. Well, at the check-in we received a warm welcome from Francesca, Valeria and Sylvia. Girls were very nice and tried to help crazy tourists a lot. We came to Frascati to experience different Italy, agricultural aspect of it and especialle wine cultivation and production, so the region of Frascati was the choice, however, we found out, that the hotel has no connections with any wineries on the basis of business, i.e. they dont offer any wine tours for their guests and the only option is to contact any travel agency in Rome. Oh well, front desk ladies kindly offered us to come to the dinner in their hotel restaurant Accademia, run by a fantastic manager Delfo, where we could experience food and wine pairings. And so we did. We left all our bags in the room, which was nicely groomed, smelled flowers and with a mountain view. Our bathroom had a window too, so it was fun to have a shower with "look at me, world" thought))) Dont tell me I'm perverted, I know that)) haha. By the way, every room has a cool TV, wifi, phone of course, I dont remember iron though...but come on, who needs an iron in Frascati?! We left the room and walked into the yard, which was amazing! Olive garden, drink water fountains, little nice tables and chairs, barbecue station in the end of the garden, bicycles (for no fee). Location is nice and air is so fresh, that you'll sleep like a baby. Time to have dinner came and we met Delfo, who recommended their specials and introduced sommelier to us, who took came of out wine experience. It was a great dinner. We asked our host about wineries to see and wines to taste, and he gave us a kind advice. Thank you very much for that. The day of our departure we met GM of a hotel, Alexandros [-], who nicely offered us a cup of coffee and spoke to us about everything in the world I guess, but this time, stolen from him, was a great pleasure to us. Throughout our stay, we felt as a part of a family. poor Sylvia and Francesca, we bugged you so much with our stupid requests)) But they were the most hospitable and nicest people and were trying hard to help us. Thank you very much, our dear family (sorry, but I can't devide you into staff and management). Best wishes from Russia and the USA.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed there in October last year and loved everything about it. The staff are very friendly and eager to help. Will be recommending to all our friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frascati
Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grottaferrata
Hotel Flora
Hotel Flora
#8 of 14 in Frascati

Been to Green Hotel Poggio Regillo? Share your experiences!