Blue Ginger Spa Resorts Wayanad
US$12
US$78
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Silent Creek Resort(Vythiri)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$49
US$107
US$75
US$64
US$33
US$29
Priceline
All reviewsnatural pooljeep serviceoff roadrecreation roomtrekking guidebeautiful waterfallvalley viewcamp fireparking areahill topforest areaadditional costground clearanceindoor gamesan awesome experiencechembra peakbeautiful place
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recently I had been to Blue ginger resort with few of my family members. The approach to the resort is a good ride uphill some times scary. The safety of the road needs to be looked into early. The place is absolutely serene with the ringer of small insects , like a music, and you forget every thing once they start . We had all our mobile phones and internet switched off. The guided trucking was enjoyable. The food was not all that best. But the hospitality is good. Once in a while you can visit and enjoy the mother nature...
The camp fire was lit just for our family along with a good music. It was nice to have a camp fire with a intermittent drizzle...
The cost per room may be little lower to attract more people...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TNShanmugam1729
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was here in month April 2014, for a office meeting. We got a decent deal on the 2 days we stayed their, but if you go their as individuals, it may turn out to be expensive. The resort is located on a hill tough to get up their without a SUV.Once you get their it is serene and peaceful, very green and feels one with nature. Special cottages for couples are coming soon. The waterfall was dry as we went in summer, but our guide showed us a video of it during monsoon, it looked amazing. The trek up river was good fun. Food was average, the rooms were neat and spacious.

Room Tip: Choose the cottages, and go during or post monsoon season..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shank46
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Except location, Drive and weather others are not worth for money. It was an entire family trip of 12pacs ,apart from things mentioned above others like food, ambience and the most cleaniless in chembra cottages was worst I have ever experienced. You get better resorts for the same price in waynad as I have visited almost all the properties in waynad

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank keech1977
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had been to Blue Ginger just 10 days ago & are only thank ful to this property because of their bad service we could feel bliss at a different property much less charged.

I can only share the Bad Experiences that I have gone through a this property as I have been to several places being from the Hospitality Industry this is not what was expected of them ....

1. The Moment you arrive there was absolutely no smile on the faces of the staff receiving us. The place is very difficult to reach its almost on top of a mountain. The Gps gave wrong directions to reach this resort. Finally after all the hard efforts what we got was an absolute piece of waste

2. The guys who came to receive us didnt make us feel comfortable rather from the very moment they started making faces and judging, which is not a very welcome sign in this industry.

3. The place was least comfortable the rooms were not well done we were provided rooms 103 & 104 & the rooms were very small. I got very bad towels & not only that the bed covers almost every thing in the room had a bad dump smell. Which made me ask them that at 4 in the evening our rooms were not yet made.

4. They have kept some stupid wood logs outside everyroom with a zero watt bulb hanging on it which is seen which made me feel that if you get hyper you need to hit yourself with that log for having chosen such a lousy place.

5. By the evening we were left nothing to do as there are no activities at the resort, we were told bon fire & according to them bon fire only means litting logs and leaving guests to warm themselves up there was absolutely no entertainment at all.

6. The dinner here was pathetic with everything being very spicy to the extent that I had to keep myself hungry and eat a platter of fruits even that was only filled with watermelons and papayas & all poor man's fruits one can call.

7. The Service staff here are so afraid that they dont approach you for any help. You cant even expect a toast of them. Rather they look at you like CID checking how much one is having or not having or doing what at their property . Again made me feel such a waste of time & money as We had spent not less that 30 grands for this one night at this place.

7. Again Next day while checking out , we were told that there is river rafting happening at a location closer to Banasura Sagar Dam We all of us all the way travelled to the location as per the instructions of Resort Manager - When we called him from outside place as we could not somehow locate this Place- the Answer we got was first which room are you checked in ? Secondly the Rafting is stopped. Now imagine I couldnt even go back on that mountain to hit them back.

Frankly telling you friend this is not the place to be at . Spend some more & opt for a better property.

I read Trip Advisor reviews and got fooled & now I have a felling may be people from Hotels side only keep writing this so that people feel what a heaven to be in .

Wasted my 1 precious day of life at this useless place, which lacked warmth. Never will recommend any one this place.

They also charged us Rs. 250 for the glass which broke while we were sleeping as the room was too small....:(

Room Tip: Will not recommend anyone this Resort
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ravi P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Blue Ginger is an amazing resort at mountain top near Vythiri. Went with a plan to stay for 2 nights with my family. Extended stay to the 3rd night. Starting with the exciting and adventurous drive through the 3 Km long rough mountain road from the Vythiri main road (NH212), our family enjoyed every moment of our stay there. They have chosen a location that offers feel of a mountain top, natural stream, small water fall, natural pool, forest,Chembra mountain view, scenic valley view, and scenic view of other lush and misty mountains around. Pool and games in the resort were entertaining. Buffet offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner were good. They also have one of the most friendly support team I have ever experienced. Over all, it is a perfect hideout for those who are looking for a relief from a stressful life.

Approach Road : Distance from main road is about 4.5KM. Road is rough for about 3 KMs. But my Verna was able to make it without any issues with ground clearance every time we went up and down the hill. Needs to be a little careful. It seems Blue Ginger offers support through their experienced drivers in case if anyone needs help in driving up or down the hill.

Internet : Not available

Food : Good. Do not serve too many items for the buffet. It was tasty

Rooms : Fair enough for a facility at mountain top.

Location : Phenomenal. Even in peak summer there was a small stream flowing. Breath taking view. Fresh air

Room Tip: Ginger Villa Suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family