“Quiet break for two”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Antrim, Northern Ireland
“Quiet break for two”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just back from a fabulous stay in the redcastle. After getting engaged here this time last year we decided to go back for our anniversary. It was even better than I remembered. The staff are fabulous, all pleasant and willing to help. The food in both bar and restaurant is 5 star and caters to all tastes. We opted for Early bird menu which is 3 courses incl bottle of wine for 50 euros! Worth every penny. We were upgraded to a suite and had chocolates and a swan heart on arrival as I had let the hotel know it was a special occasion. This was very much appreciated. To say that this little act of generosity meant a lot would be an understatement. This hotel is in a beautiful location but you would need a car to get about if you wanted to explore, My partner and I did not leave hotel as we used golf and spa facilities and ate in hotel both nights. The only thing I would say and its minor the pool is freezing! But that is minor in grand scheme of hotel. I love this hotel and when I win lottery I will get married here :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that you decided to return to the Redcastle for your anniversary, and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon again.
Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary,first the positives;
A telephone to reception prior to our arrival ensured the "Beautiful" flowers were in the room on our arrival.
Plenty of brownie points for that!
Room on the ground floor overlooking Lough Swilly was excellent but rather warm even with the radiator turned down and the windows open (is all this heat really necessary?)
As always the restaurant was excellent Wood Pigeon followed by Pork was excellent,service was good,but 2 waiting staff was cutting it a bit fine!
Certainly up to their usual high standards many thanks for another enjoyable stay.
Please lower the temperature!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea views are best
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback, and congratulations on your wedding anniversary, we are delighted you choose to celebrate your anniversary in the Redcastle Hotel. We certainly take your comments on board, and hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the hotel very soon

Newtownards
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our friends and, as every time before, it didn't disappoint! One of our friends hadn't stayed there before (his wife had stayed on a 'girlie' weekend previously) and he was sooo impressed with this hotel! My husband and I have been staying at this hotel for this past 10-15 years and we love it! The staff - each and every one - were so helpful and friendly. Our rooms were spacious, warm and very comfortable (although it would've been nice to have a sea view), but no problem!!

Our deal included a spa treatment and the boys had a round of golf! My facial was done by Danielle and it was fantastic!! What a lovely girl and a great beautician!

The four of us had planned to go to Derry/Londonderry for the afternoon, but we felt so relaxed and were so cosy and comfortable, we simply moved to a cosy corner and ordered a light lunch which was lovely and we then relaxed, chatted and had a good laugh for a few hours. We then had a little rest, followed by dinner later on. First night we ate in the restaurant, which was amazing and the second night we ate in Rosatos in Moville . . . Great pub/restaurant that we always visit when we're in the area and of course, it was fabulous!!

I used the pool twice! I LOVE it! I used it one afternoon and then at 7.30am one morning. I love being in that fab pool and watching the sun rise!! Life doesn't get much better!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013

Castlerock, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my trip and as it was on a deal it was a bargain! Our room was lovely and very comfortable. The boys loved their golf and we enjoyed our treatment. Jay from spa reception was especially helpful and a young gentleman.
Only tip would be shower screens instead of curtains as they stick to u when showering!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aeroamy
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly take your comments on board and thank you once again for choosing to stay with us

Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a Living Social deal and it exceeded my expectations! Food was wonderful in both the restaurant and bar, we opted for the early bird menu in restaurant which was 3 courses each including a bottle of house wine for only €50! Really impressed!

The pool was good although a lot of the extras didn't seem to be working, it's a Thalassotherapy pool which has different stations to relax. The Steam Room too was out of order on this occasion which was disappointing.

My partner enjoyed the golf which was included in out deal whilst I had a brilliant facial.

The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful and the rooms were of a good size with sea views, just very creaky floorboards!!

I will be keeping an eye out for further deals to this hotel!!

Thanks again Redcastle!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Cavan, Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a great stay- really enjoyed it not one thing I can fault about it- myself and mum had spa treatments- I had a massage with a girl called Nicola- was the best massage I have had in ages, please pass on my comments- treatments were fab- pool was lovely- only problem was that the steam room was out of order but that was a small thing- have to give the restuarant 10 out of 10 the food just blew us away we had dinner on both nights as the food was just that good- waitress on both nights was so nice and helpful not sure of names think one was Michaela and other girl had long black hair with a fringe but they were so good and professsional please pass on our comments. Also liam at reception was great and helpful check in and check out was done quick and efficientially rooms were fab great hotel will be back!!!!

Room Tip: we picked a room with a ocean view- great view and def recommend.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at the Redcastle hotel last weekend for 2 days! It was absolutely breathtaking with beautiful view along the sea. We checked around 4pm by a courteous and helpful young man Liam who was very professional upon our arrival. We got to the room and got the stunning view if the sea. We booked a seaview room and I have to say its worth it when you wake up in the morning with view from your window. The food in the restaurant is absolutely mouthwatering and worth the money. We had a lunch in the bar on the Saturday afternoon and the young girl Ashley was a lovely and happy young waitress who was very polite. We didn't get use of the spa on this occasion but no doubt we will be back again very soon to book some treatments.

Only issue but not a major one unless you are using the laptop a lot that the wifi signal can be touch and go!

• Stayed November 2013

Redcastle Customer Care Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Ballyliffin TownHouse
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!