The Redcastle Hotel was an absolute treat for our few days away, being our first visit here, it did not disappoint. We checked in using the living social voucher. We totally forgot as we purchased the voucher months ago and panicked in case we missed out. We rang last minute 2 weeks ago & spoke to Liam in Reservations who was an absolute gent in processing our booking easy and hassle free. We arrived less a week later and was checked in by Liam who greeted and welcomed us brilliantly. Our room was not ready, which was fine, Liam offered us tea and coffee whilst we waited and arranged Greg to have our luggage to our room. We went to the bar for the short period & Liam came with our keys to our room.
The room was lovely, spacious & the beds were very comfortable! We had a lovely meal in the The Edge Restaurant on 1 evening which was very nice, the staff were very friendly and willing to assist. We didn't go with the golf or spa, just thankful we were able to get booked, so we enjoyed the spa pool (only small negative comment would be that the pool was slightly cold)
The breakfast was lovely and plenty to choose from. The lady in charge with blonde hair was lovely on both mornings.
The hotel has plenty to offer and not too far from Moville for a nice drive, thankfully the weather wasn't bad at all.
The only other thing that was slightly disappointing was the wifi, it was hit and miss. Liam again was brilliant into trying to help us with the issue & gave us tips, but it would knock itself off the wifi again. Needless to say this did not effect our stay too much.
From the wonderful reception staff (Liam) to the restaurant we were thrilled and will most certainly be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you at the four star Redcastle Oceanfront, Golf & Spa Hotel. With a magical waterfront location, overlooking Lough Foyle on the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal, it’s the perfect getaway for a short break or family holiday at home.Set among mature woodland with 93 guest rooms including suites and family rooms and sea view rooms, our own 9-hole parkland golf course and exclusive Thalasso Spa, the Resort oozes charm, style and warm hospitality. Our Waters Edge Restaurant is appropriately named with breathtaking views across Lough Foyle and a menu that features the finest local seafood and fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Redcastle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcastle Hotel Donegal
- Carlton Redcastle Hotel And Thalasso
- Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Hotel Redcastle
- Donegal Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Moville
- Redcastle Hotel Moville, County Donegal, Ireland