“Recent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“Recent Stay”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the red castle for two nights.
We both really enjoyed our stay at the red castle. We got first class treatment. The staff couldn't do enough for us. Our room 610, was beautiful. The view was fantastic, over looked the peninsula. The décor was lovely and bed was very comfy.

The food in the bar and the restaurant was gorgeous. 10 out of 10.

The receptionists were by far the kindest, friendliest staff I have ever came across. I had forgot my charger and they even let me charge my iPhone on the computer.

The spa was also very good, my fiancé and I both got treatments and we both thought it was great and quite reasonably priced. Couples massage a must have for any one staying at the red castle. I was a little let down when I realised there was no hot tub, but the whirlpool sections in the swim pool did make up for it!

I am already looking forward to my next stay.
Thanks to all the staff for all their help and great service.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your lovely comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Templepatrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely time at the Redcastle Hotel and Resort recently - we had a very warm welcome from the staff on arrival and everyone was very friendly and attentive during our stay.

The food in the restaurant as excellent with a wide choice of starters, mains and desserts which went down really well. We also ate in the Bar and the seafood chowder and homemade burger and chips were equally tasty and well presented.

Our room looked over Lough Foyle towards Magilligan - it was spacious, room and decorated in a very contemporary fashion.

All in all - we will definitely visit this hotel and part of Donegal again because of the lovely location and the genuine friendliness of the staff. Well done guys!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Lough view . . .
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great value, delicious range of food in a sea view restaurant. Rooms spacious, clean and very comfortable. Will definitely recommend to others.
Spent a relaxing afternoon at the spa/pool well worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Redcastle Hotel was an absolute treat for our few days away, being our first visit here, it did not disappoint. We checked in using the living social voucher. We totally forgot as we purchased the voucher months ago and panicked in case we missed out. We rang last minute 2 weeks ago & spoke to Liam in Reservations who was an absolute gent in processing our booking easy and hassle free. We arrived less a week later and was checked in by Liam who greeted and welcomed us brilliantly. Our room was not ready, which was fine, Liam offered us tea and coffee whilst we waited and arranged Greg to have our luggage to our room. We went to the bar for the short period & Liam came with our keys to our room.
The room was lovely, spacious & the beds were very comfortable! We had a lovely meal in the The Edge Restaurant on 1 evening which was very nice, the staff were very friendly and willing to assist. We didn't go with the golf or spa, just thankful we were able to get booked, so we enjoyed the spa pool (only small negative comment would be that the pool was slightly cold)
The breakfast was lovely and plenty to choose from. The lady in charge with blonde hair was lovely on both mornings.
The hotel has plenty to offer and not too far from Moville for a nice drive, thankfully the weather wasn't bad at all.
The only other thing that was slightly disappointing was the wifi, it was hit and miss. Liam again was brilliant into trying to help us with the issue & gave us tips, but it would knock itself off the wifi again. Needless to say this did not effect our stay too much.
From the wonderful reception staff (Liam) to the restaurant we were thrilled and will most certainly be back!!!

Thanks again.

Room Tip: Hotel can be popular so ask for quiet room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you would consider returning in the future
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just back from a fabulous stay in the redcastle. After getting engaged here this time last year we decided to go back for our anniversary. It was even better than I remembered. The staff are fabulous, all pleasant and willing to help. The food in both bar and restaurant is 5 star and caters to all tastes. We opted for Early bird menu which is 3 courses incl bottle of wine for 50 euros! Worth every penny. We were upgraded to a suite and had chocolates and a swan heart on arrival as I had let the hotel know it was a special occasion. This was very much appreciated. To say that this little act of generosity meant a lot would be an understatement. This hotel is in a beautiful location but you would need a car to get about if you wanted to explore, My partner and I did not leave hotel as we used golf and spa facilities and ate in hotel both nights. The only thing I would say and its minor the pool is freezing! But that is minor in grand scheme of hotel. I love this hotel and when I win lottery I will get married here :)

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that you decided to return to the Redcastle for your anniversary, and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon again.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary,first the positives;
A telephone to reception prior to our arrival ensured the "Beautiful" flowers were in the room on our arrival.
Plenty of brownie points for that!
Room on the ground floor overlooking Lough Swilly was excellent but rather warm even with the radiator turned down and the windows open (is all this heat really necessary?)
As always the restaurant was excellent Wood Pigeon followed by Pork was excellent,service was good,but 2 waiting staff was cutting it a bit fine!
Certainly up to their usual high standards many thanks for another enjoyable stay.
Please lower the temperature!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea views are best
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback, and congratulations on your wedding anniversary, we are delighted you choose to celebrate your anniversary in the Redcastle Hotel. We certainly take your comments on board, and hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the hotel very soon

Newtownards
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our friends and, as every time before, it didn't disappoint! One of our friends hadn't stayed there before (his wife had stayed on a 'girlie' weekend previously) and he was sooo impressed with this hotel! My husband and I have been staying at this hotel for this past 10-15 years and we love it! The staff - each and every one - were so helpful and friendly. Our rooms were spacious, warm and very comfortable (although it would've been nice to have a sea view), but no problem!!

Our deal included a spa treatment and the boys had a round of golf! My facial was done by Danielle and it was fantastic!! What a lovely girl and a great beautician!

The four of us had planned to go to Derry/Londonderry for the afternoon, but we felt so relaxed and were so cosy and comfortable, we simply moved to a cosy corner and ordered a light lunch which was lovely and we then relaxed, chatted and had a good laugh for a few hours. We then had a little rest, followed by dinner later on. First night we ate in the restaurant, which was amazing and the second night we ate in Rosatos in Moville . . . Great pub/restaurant that we always visit when we're in the area and of course, it was fabulous!!

I used the pool twice! I LOVE it! I used it one afternoon and then at 7.30am one morning. I love being in that fab pool and watching the sun rise!! Life doesn't get much better!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments and for choosing to stay with us.
I hope you will get a chance to return again soon

Redcastle Customer Care Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#2 of 4 in Buncrana
Ballyliffin TownHouse
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!