“Welcoming and delicious”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Welcoming and delicious”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Great food and excellent service. We felt very welcomed and cared about. Fish was freshly caught and nicely cooked. Highly recommended!

3 Thank Casper A

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We visited C'era Una Volta in January and had a lovely, late lunch. Although we arrived late, we were greeted and seated and told there was no problem and that we could still be served. As an English person I was delighted with the food and my Italian partner was also very pleased. The food was simply delicious and we will definitely be going back. I would highly recommend this restaurant for people interested in tasting typical food from the Ligurian region.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Michaela F
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“what a wonderful dinner!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Although the weather was awful, I had a great time at "C'era una volta". All the dishes were amazing, from starter to dessert. The food was fresh and genuine. I had mix starters and my favorite one was "acciughe alla ligure"...delicious! I really suggest you to taste "trofie gamberetti zuchini" the best pasta ever! My husband had "pesce a forno" and he told me why I can't cook this way! And what about the desserts?! A slice of heaven! The atmosphere was homelike and the service really careful and always happy to suggest well.
I really recommend it if you want to try the real Italian cuisine.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Lynn A
Montreal, Canada
“OK but nothing special”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went to C'era Una Volta following trip advisor' s number 1 status in San Terenzo. Not bad food but I like my main meal with vegetables which were sorely lacking. Food was fresh but not particularly tasty.
Was also charged $6.00 for ''coperto'' which basically means forks and knives and paper towels... A first for me.
Overall, again , food is fresh but cooked without great imagination.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ortho55
Cambridge
“Fresh ingredients and attention to detail”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We love this restaurant! My wife has coeliac disease and must eat a super-sensitive gluten-free diet. At C'era Una Volta she is at home, in total confidence and welcomed with open arms. The pride with which this family business looks after its customers, offering the best ingredients cooked with careful attention to detail is evident. If you ever thought gluten-free meant second best, think again at C'era Una Volta.

• Visited July 2011