“Fascinating and fun!!”

Sito Paleontologico Dinosauro Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: La cooperativa Gemina gestisce le visite guidate al sito paleontologico del piu grande dinosauro italiano,Antonio. Il sito, coperto da tensiostrutture, e visitabile la domenica con il seguente orario: 10-16.30. I visitatori potranno inoltre diventare paleontologi per un giorno usufruendo dell'attivita di caccia al fossile. Con l'aiuto delle guide potranno cercare in rocce provenienti dal Wyoming pesci fossili di 50 milioni di anni. Gruppi e visite infrasettimanali su prenotazione tramite email.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My sister visited me with her husband and grandson and I decided to take them to see the dinosaur site, we had the best time ever! We even got to touch real fossilized dinosaur eggs! It is well worth the visit (even though the site is small) the staff were professional and explained everything very well. The best part was my great nephew got the chance to hunt for fossils like a real paleontologist. I definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

It's a nice small place where one can jump into the world of dinosaurs. The dino Antonio has been found there and one can also hear a very interesting story about it. One can also see real fossils as part of a rock of other dinos.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Small but very interesting site of dinosaurs discoveries.
The guides are very professional and their explanation makes the site even more interesting.
Children can enjoy the 3D view and play with rocks to discovers fossils.

cooperativaGemina, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sito Paleontologico Dinosauro Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thanks to you for coming

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I took a class of second graders to visit the Dino park. The instuctors ( Giulia and Paolo) were really paleotologists and they were great with the kids. We learned how to dig for fossils and got to take home the ones we found. The kids had a blast!

cooperativaGemina, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sito Paleontologico Dinosauro Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thanks a lot,
hoping to see you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Not far from the border between Slovenia and Italy I discoverd this paleontogical site just occasiunally. I made appointment for visit with Miss Giulia and I came this Monday morning with my students of the University for the third age from Izola, Slovenia. It was incredible how Giulia caught our attention and how interesting she explained about dinosaurus in the area, showed and explained us movie about the site, shoed us remains "in situ" and she added aloso the theme about carbonisation. For the end we tried to eat black coal - sueprise: delisious sweet!
If you are not too far you absolutely must visit the site! Ljuba Medak, prof. geo.