“A welcoming change with regard to my review of April the 1st. 2012”
Review of Axis Hotel

Axis Hotel
Axis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kortenberg
Reviewed 20 April 2013

More than a year ago I visited Hotel Axis for the first time. In my review I mentioned the extremely high price fot the use of wifi. I returned last week and I noticed that a very good working wifi is for free now.
The quality of the other facilities I mentioned are stil the same, which means good - very good.
I upgrade my overall rating from 3 to 4 stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2012

To say that I enjoyed my stay at Axis Hotel in Kortenberg is an understatement. This charming little hotel is conveniently situated along a main road leading to Louvain so it's easy to get there by taxi.

But if you think that its location would lead to sleepless nights, well, you're wrong. I can honestly say that I've never slept in such a quiet room before, it's almost like if I'm sleeping in a sound-proof bomb shelter.

Since I'm a busy voice-over talent for some major media outlets, I found this quietness to be a huge benefit too for my job. I was able to do most of my work right in the comfort of my hotel room. I will certainly pick Best Western Axis Hotel in Kortenberg over any other hotel in Belgium the next time.

As for the rest of the facilities: the room itself was rather spacious and the bathroom was equipped with both a shower and a bath tub. While there's no air-conditioner, I still found the temperature to be agreeable. I have no complaints at all about the cleanliness of the room and the eating facilities were generally fine too.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 121 and if you have a choice I would definitely take that one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Perfect for business, just far enough from the busy industrial area and airport. Even though it is on a main road, the traffic noise is minimal. Friendly staff. I did find that the restaurant was a little pricey, but the food was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Axis, a business hotel with 24 rooms, is situated on a rather busy road about 10 km. from Leuven and Brussels Airport. The area is uninspired and Leuven or Brussels are to far away for a short visit. About 400 mtrs. behind the hotel there is a busy railway, but due to the very well soundproofed windows it did not bother me at all. It is really a transit hotel to the airport. There is a shuttle service at about 35 euro. To the left there is a very large parking with hundreds of new motor-cars. You enter the hotel by means of a short staircase which has also been adjusted to handicapped people in a wheelchair. But because of the absence of an elevator the hotel is not suitable for them. There is a free parking.
Entering the hotel you’ll find yourself in a small hall with the restaurant/diner room at your left. Check in check out went very smoothly and after the lady had checked my room I went upstairs. Some weeks before I asked for a quiet room and I got one (121 on the first floor). It is a large room at the rear of the hotel with a large boxspring double bed (although a single room was boooked for me). There is a large linen cupboard with a safe, an ironing board and an iron-heater in it. The room has a minibar, coffee/tea facillities, tissues, a LCD TV and a working table. It is possible to make use of Wifi at a ridiculous rate of 10 euro for 2 hrs. Most hotels I visited have internet/Wifi for free. A room rate of 125 euro should include this facility. The bed is large and very comfortable notwithstanding a rather soft mattress. As far as I could see there is no air-conditioner, which is not uncommon in this part of Europe. The bathroom is rather large too with a bath tub and a shower. The latter is placed at eye-level which makes it hardly possible to take a shower easily. There is also a wash stand with all kinds of amenities. Room and bathroom are impeccable clean.
Breakfastroom/restaurant is very agreeable, painted in dark and light purple. The warm/cold breakfastbuffet is sufficient and of acceptabel quality. The slices of bread are rather dry and tasteless; there is no fresh yougurt. Dinner is very pricey, for instance tomato soup is 9 euro and a main dish is over 20 (I had a Flemish speciality called ‘Vlaams Potje’ which costs 22 euro, whereas in other places I pay about 16 euro). The glass of red wine was very good and only 3 euro.
All in all, for 1 or 2 nights the hotel is recommendable.

Room Tip: room 121 is very soundproofed
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jwmpet
Reviewed 3 March 2011

for business people: excellent
between Leuven and Brussels area
wifi excellent
location very good
breakfast very good
Sven, the night receptionist is friendly
hot water, heating ok

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank businessflats
Reviewed 11 May 2008

This is an adequate hotel if you are passing through for a night or you have business in the immediate area. The rooms are fine, the rate is competitive, the staff is pleasant, the area is very quiet, and the breakfast is sufficient. If, however, you seek to enjoy the city of Brussels and / or partake in a variety of restaurants in walking distance, this is not the hotel for you. It is deep in the country.
This was my own fault, trying to find a hotel near the airport and close to government per diem rates—big mistake. The website leaves the impression that this is a hotel that is convenient to the Brussels airport and that the hotel has a shuttle service. Sadly, this is not the case. It is about 30 minutes from the airport and cost about 35 Euro one way. The shuttle is not free; it costs the same as a taxi.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 December 2006

Stayed there for just one night (thank god). It is overpriced for what it offers.
In the middle of winter their heating is at least inadequate, they even turn it off when they choose to!

The cleaning maid tried to walk in our room 3 times while we were still sleeping, hours before our check out and despite the "do not disturb" sign on the door. When we pointed that out to the manager, he gave us an attitude!

The area is not convenient at all... for the rest it is ok but
avoid it by all means. Especially during winter!!!

Definitely not worth to be in the Best Western chain....

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank 31man

Been to Axis Hotel? Share your experiences!