“Nice place to stay in Romagna!”

Hotel Executive Forli
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Forli
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This a very good place to stay if you want to go to "Mirabilandia" (an amusement park in Ravenna) or to different popular holyday places near the sea, like Milano Marittima, Cervia or Cesenatico.
The room was large, comfortable and quite clean. There was air conditioning and a very nice bathroom with shower.
We stayed in b&b and the breakfast was good with a good chance of various food choices.
There was also a private covered parking included in the package price.
Very goog also for price!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Great breakfast, just 30minutes by car far from Mirabilandia or Cervia/Milano Marittima (seaside towns) and very close to the center of Forlì. Clean and quite peaceful room and common spaces. Comfortable bed. Very friendly staff. Parking included in the price. No negative comments.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cynthia83ITA
Reviewed 1 August 2012

In July 2012, my partner and I stayed at this hotel...we arrived at the train station and didn t have a clue where the hotel was even though my partner had stayed before !!..the train station staff had no idea or so they said where it was..so imagining a long walk we used a taxi...it ws very close but we both felt that to walk lugging the suitcases was a tad too far.....the general appearance is that of a modern hotel and indeed the layout and furniture including bathrooms does give a modern feel...I thought the hotel was clean but my partner pointed out a few dirty corners, and she wasn t too impressed..our room faced the main road directly to the front of the hotel but we heard no traffic noise...The breakfast was again a typical Italian affair of cooked meats, bread and cereals....on the whole a good selection...we stayed in the Forli area as my partner has family in the near area and for a few nights would defo recommend....Forli appeared to me to be a typical industrial town with nothing really to make it a place to visit as part of a holiday unless visiting family in area

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chatster
Reviewed 27 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Monique V
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Very clean and comfortable hotel, 10 minutes walk from the town's main square.
All hotel staff were welcoming, friendly and very helpful, however, Gemma who works at reception deserves special mention. Her knowledge of the area, willingness and ability to translate Italian, English and Spanish was a huge help and made my visit to Forli on business so much easier. Her recommendations for dining out and socialising were excellent and easy to find.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank rbtscotland
Reviewed 29 July 2007

We stayed in Forli in order to catch a Ryanair flight. This hotel is at the wrong end of a dying city, across the railroad tracks from an abandoned factory. The worst feature was that there was dried urine around the toilet -- though the rest of the bathroom had been cleaned. The other end of Forli isn't great, but has more restaurants and other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SKH66
Reviewed 9 July 2007

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights - a couple with a young child. The hotel is relatively new looking (2003?) and the decor looks modern.

MOLD in BATHROOM!
The bathroom looks very modern, with glass walls instead of tiles and modern fixtures. However, our shower had large amounts of mold in the angles and the corners, evidence of poor cleaning practices. Indeed, a bit of scrubbing would go a long way as it did come off with a fingernail... When the mold was pointed out on departure (we were curious if the cleaners would address it during our stay, without prompting - evidently not), the apparently surprised "maintenance" person feigned surprise. When I pointed out that the cleaning staff are not doing their job by a) cleaning properly and b) informing maintenance, he agreed.

POOR QUALITY FIXTURES
In addition to the mold problem, this "new" hotel suffers from a selection of consumer-grade (at best) fixtures and construction materials. For instance, the cheap quality shower hanger was broken off (which I found out by painfully receiving the shower head on my head; forget about maintenance or cleaning staff addressing it), the mattress is very soft in a cheap way, paint is already peeling off a door jamb.

BAD MANAGEMENT
Front reception is a disgrace. Upon arrival, I was asked to sign an illegible form. Upon asking what I was signing, I was told it was "privacy", which I found out means an information release form. I declined and they eventually found a legible version, which I signed. And they are clued out about their hotel: I asked for a trolley to carry my bags upstairs (forget about a bellhop), I was told there was none... but ten minutes later I found one, about 3 metres (10 ft) from the reception... but (you guessed it) there was no air in its tires!

Breakfast at "rush hour" - 9 AM - was a disaster. With an onslaught of people and no system in place to manage them, there were no plates, no cutlery, no coffee, missing food - a complete shambles that was actually comical and came right out of Fawlty Towers.

The front receptionist on the mornings of June 26 and 27 was one of the least friendly persons in the profession - and I have travelled the world. Her rudeness and curtness when asked basic questions such as directions or suggestions reflects management's poor hiring abilities (the reception staff, in addition to the mantenance man described above, the useless cleaning staff and the incompetent breakfast personnel - who is left??).

NO COMPLAINING POSSIBLE
When I asked the aforementioned receptionist on a Thursday after 9 AM to speak to the manager about all of these problems, I was rudely informed that no such person was in the hotel that day. What a frightening prospect - the hotel is being run by a bunch of incompetents and there is nobody to oversee them! Somebody help us.

IN ITALY, HOTELS BUY THEIR STARS
I swear this must be true - nowhere in the world have I seen such a complete disconnect between star ratings and the quality of the establishment. This hotel is apparently a 4 star! Forget it, not a hope. 2 stars are appropriate - NO MORE. To compare, I was at the Hotel Mercure on Promenade des Anglais in Nice the night before, which is rated a 3 Star and it was far better than this Executive disaster. A day later, I was in the Sofitel Zurich, rated a 4 star, and... well it is an insult to the hotel industry to try to compare.

For those who object to my comment about hotels buying stars, I would be happy to point our 3 and 4 star hotels in Italy and then do the same for hotels in the rest of Europe or North America in their 3 or 4 star hotels...

REDEEMING FEATURES
One of the hotel's evening receptionists recommended a restaurant nearby, Osteria dei Lovi and it was excellent (even though she got the simple directions all wrong, we found it). Highly recommend it. We had the tagliatta with ruccola, some of the pastas... it was great and a decent price. And the gelateria approximately across the boulevard from the hotel was great - organic and/or lactose/gluten free ice creams and sorbettos. Absolutely excellent gelatos. In fact, you eat well everywhere in this part of Italy.

The beach at Milano Marittima was fantastic. Clean, nice sand. A wonderful stay that is unchanged from 30 years ago when I used to vacation there as a child.

The people of Emiglia Romagna are incredible - kind, gracious and they enjoy life. The only exceptions are employed by the Hotel Executive in Forli, so stay away and you will be fine.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family