“Average all out ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
“Average all out ”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has one of the most beautiful settings on the island however the food is not of the kind to call home about. During my visit I had one of their grilled chicken specialities (the one with mozzarella di bufala). My chicken was overcooked to the point that it was as thick as a Brown paper. The portion was also small. In my plate I had three chicken strips which could have never amounted to half a chicken breast. The vegetables accomainying the chicken were also as bland as they can be. I only tried the aubergine and the yellow pepper and to my surprise they both had simila taste. I am under the impression that these had been reheated one time too many. After chicken we opted to have dessert. To be fair there is quite a variety but the ones I tasted they all seemed very similar to me. My banoffee was tasteless with barely any traces of bananas in it. In all sincerity I think it was one of the worst banoffee I ever had. A family member chose one of their meringue but again after trying I can assure that it is nothing special either. Overall the experience was a positive one but most likely I will not visit again. So many things could be done better. With regards to the service it also requires some fine tuning, silly mistakes and exaggerated waiting times and all. Not bad but could better. Prices are slightly above average but it is to be expected when considering the view and location.

“Second Visit”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Been there for the second time this year, the previous one was for lunch in winter. This time we stayed outside and we could savour the views of the bastions lighted up. Was a family dinner and we all had different dishes. Meat, pasta, salmon and fish were all very tasty and portions were sizeable. We had some bruschetta and focaccia for starters, to which the portion might have been a bit bigger. Not cheap but worth it. We also noted that its good that we stayed outside since inside there was no ac.

Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great food and great location .We had a table overlooking the sea and enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing evening. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Visited July 2014
Malta
“Perfect Lunch Spot - Beautiful Views of Valletta”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The outdoor terrace and view at The Waterpolo Club are worth the trip before you even order your meal! Try the Chicken, Parma and Mozzarella dish for mains with parmigiana on the side, you won't be disappointed.

Tip: Make sure you have time for a long lunch as you won't want to leave!

Msida, Malta
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My first time I visit and this is the last time. We ask the waiter to show us the fish available and he came with a tray of fish with at least one week old. The colour of the fish was black and it was already clean ,it means the fish was real old. Also we ask the waiter to prepare a starter with a selection of fresh seafood to share and he told us that you only can order food from the menu.

2 Thank Victor C