“Safe bet!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visiting this restaurant is always a safe bet! Whether it is a family meal or a business meal, you cannot go wrong! The service is professional and the food very good.... but my favourite thing about this place is the view overlooking Lazzaretto and Valletta, so better still if the table is outside. Did I mention the background music? One rarely notices this, but at the Waterpolo club they play good music (ok it's a question of taste I know) but it is subtle and smooth - goes so well with the rest of the place0!! Been to this place a number of times and only once did I have a problem (with a booking, which however, was dealt with immediately. I would def recommend this place!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has one of the most beautiful settings on the island however the food is not of the kind to call home about. During my visit I had one of their grilled chicken specialities (the one with mozzarella di bufala). My chicken was overcooked to the point that it was as thick as a Brown paper. The portion was also small. In my plate I had three chicken strips which could have never amounted to half a chicken breast. The vegetables accomainying the chicken were also as bland as they can be. I only tried the aubergine and the yellow pepper and to my surprise they both had simila taste. I am under the impression that these had been reheated one time too many. After chicken we opted to have dessert. To be fair there is quite a variety but the ones I tasted they all seemed very similar to me. My banoffee was tasteless with barely any traces of bananas in it. In all sincerity I think it was one of the worst banoffee I ever had. A family member chose one of their meringue but again after trying I can assure that it is nothing special either. Overall the experience was a positive one but most likely I will not visit again. So many things could be done better. With regards to the service it also requires some fine tuning, silly mistakes and exaggerated waiting times and all. Not bad but could better. Prices are slightly above average but it is to be expected when considering the view and location.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Been there for the second time this year, the previous one was for lunch in winter. This time we stayed outside and we could savour the views of the bastions lighted up. Was a family dinner and we all had different dishes. Meat, pasta, salmon and fish were all very tasty and portions were sizeable. We had some bruschetta and focaccia for starters, to which the portion might have been a bit bigger. Not cheap but worth it. We also noted that its good that we stayed outside since inside there was no ac.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great food and great location .We had a table overlooking the sea and enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing evening. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The outdoor terrace and view at The Waterpolo Club are worth the trip before you even order your meal! Try the Chicken, Parma and Mozzarella dish for mains with parmigiana on the side, you won't be disappointed.

Tip: Make sure you have time for a long lunch as you won't want to leave!