I was a little dismayed by other reviews that stated that the decor was dated--I guess I'm dated, too, because I thought it was charming. I'll include photos so you can decide for yourself. We wanted to break up the trip so we didn't get into Oslo at 2245, and wanted have one day less of steep Oslo hotel rates. What we got was a lovely stay, spectacular views, and nice hiking trails. Although we booked a shared bath, we were upgraded to a private one. It was clean, and maybe the room decor was a little plain, but it was outweighed by the million-dollar views.There was no tv in our room, although there was one available in the lounge. My only regret is that I didn't find more time to spend in the gift shop--the prices and selection were really good. The optional dinner cost 280 NOK, which included delicious cauliflower soup, pork, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sauerkraut, lots of potatoes, tea or coffee, and chocolate mousse for dessert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you on the lookout for a recreational place in the mountains? Then you are welcome to visit us here at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell, 820 metres above sea level. We are doing our outmost to ensure you will have only the best experiences during your stay here with us. Vatnahalsen is a family owned and run hotel; the Aksnes family have more than 25 years experinece in running the hotel at the top of the Flam Railway. We have created a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. Everyone is welcome as they are, no matter if you come in your biking shorts or your best suit, you’re still welcome. Here you can feel as if you’re at home, and we very much hope you do so. You will always be greeted with a smile from the hosts and staff, and they may tell a story or two…Welcome to Vatnahalsen – your mountain retreat – all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell Hotel Myrdal
- Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell Norway/Myrdal