First time to this hotel and this part of Portugal. We were there with friends on a short cycling break. The hotel was ideal for this purpose. It is a very clean hotel with good rooms, helpful friendly staff - nothing was too much bother. It is a very relaxing well designed environment and not too big. We were only B/B and the buffet breakfast certainly had a wide range of foods available. Very good location too - near the beach (a very short walk away). Excellent position for walking,cycling or getting the local train to other towns (and the trains are very cheap and a great way to see around). We had hired our bikes from a hire shop just a short walk away but the day we left the hotel had just received a new batch of bikes which looked very good and seemed to be reasonably priced for hire. This seems to be a popular hotel and we could understand why! We would definitely stay here again as the area is lovely and the beach could not be better - lots of very good and cheap places to eat out if you are only doing B/B. Only one grip is that it would have been great if the pool was a heated one. It was too cold to use mid-April - probably fine in summer - but as it was warm enough to use the sunbeds on some days it would have been great to have been able to use the pool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterised With Sui Generis architecture - Arabic style - the Hotel Alcazar is located in Monte Gordo which has one of the most beautiful beaches of Eastern Algarve in the bay of Monte Gordo. The village is surrounded by excellent, unspoilt natural areas such as the Natural Park of Ria Formosa and Marshland Nature Reserve of Castro Marim. In this idyllic setting, we await you for your best holiday.Enjoy all the comfort of this Hotel in Monte GordoWith a prime location, this Hotel in Monte Gordo, allows you to enjoy an unforgettable stay, enjoying one of the most splendid bathing areas in the Algarve.Location of luxury in the Eastern AlgarveYour stay in the Algarve will benefit from the unique climatic conditions in this region. In the Hotel Alcazar, your stay will be more than a simple "invariant" beach accommodation. You can enjoy the close proximity of other superb coastal areas such as Praia Verde, Altura and Cacela Velha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alcazar Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcazar Hotel Monte Gordo
- Alcazar Hotel & SPA Monte Gordo, Portugal - Algarve