As much as I had read previous reviews, I was still surprised at how old fashioned the bedroom and bathroom were and was initially disappointed. The wall and floor tiles were definitely 1960's and the storage/tables were dark, heavy wood. I had requested a high floor and got floor 5 which is just under the roof. However, we had a very large balcony with table, chairs, 2 sun beds, parasol and beautiful views of the sea and beach.
After a couple of issues were quickly resolved, I soon changed my opinion of the hotel. The beds and pillows were absolutely wonderful and the quality of the bed linen was superb - I slept brilliantly all 11 nights. There are no kettles so do take your own if you like a cuppa in your room. The mini bar works well as a fridge to keep water etc cold. Free Air conditioning works well and safes are free too. Room was very clean and towels changed every day.
The restaurant food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner and the choices were really good and varied as long as you are fish and meat eaters. The food is limited if you are vegetarian. There was not even cheese or eggs to eat with the salads on an evening so be warned. However, I was told that omelettes and cheese could be made special if requested on entry to the dining room, and I saw some people having pizza.
Didn't watch the evening entertainment much but what we did was ok. Plenty of areas for sitting in or out. Pool area was good and plenty of sun beds and parasols. Internet free in the vicinity of Reception.
To sum up a hotel to recommend and we would definitely return in the future. Hope all the above helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the 60's, here it appears and opens, that would become "The first beach hotel in the Algarve". At the seafront planted, it served as inspiration, named after the great discoverer, who five centuries ago discovered the sea route to India, thus being baptized on August 1, 1960 of "Hotel Vasco da Gama" applied in a metaphorical way, because this would be the first to be born in this region. The Hotel Vasco da Gama offers 186 rooms, which are all equipped with all modern amenities, such as swimming pools, tennis courts, children's playground, mini golf, gym, Wi-Fi internet, parking, private gardens, restaurants and bars. A wide range of services, as well as breathtaking views of the sea, where the main concern is nothing more than the comfort and well-being of those who stay there, or unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vasco da Gama Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Vasco Da Gama
- Vasco Da Gama Monte Gordo
- Vasco Da Gama Hotel Monte Gordo, Portugal - Algarve