With our 40th wedding anniversary coming up we spent some time thinking about how we would like to celebrate it and decided there was nowhere we would rather be than Hotel Vasco da Gama in Monte Gordo, Algarve. We just love this hotel and the friendly, courteous staff there. In fact, we just keep returning year after year. The hotel is right on the beautiful beach and located close to shops, restaurants and bars. It is set in lovely gardens, has a fantastic pool area, tennis courts, mini golf, children's playground and a gym. The pool is probably the best hotel pool we ever seen. We booked B & B and the breakfast buffet is excellent with choices to suit many nationalities and good fresh food. There is a wonderful beach bar/restaurant with great food and terrific service. The snack bar at the pool is also very good and has great service. In the evening the bar and terrace bar overlooking the beach are lovely, sipping champagne as the sun goes down with a wonderful view - something to dream about until we return. Our bedroom was spacious and clean, very comfortable beds and loads of drawer and wardrobe space. Had views of the gardens and the sea from our balcony, which was lovely, and we appreciated the air conditioning, as it got hot while we were there. When we arrived, we had a lovely fruit basket and bottle of water in our room and on our anniversary the hotel delivered a beautiful bouquet containing red roses and lilies amongst the flowers and another basket of fruit and bottle of champagne. All very nice and very much appreciated. The reception area had some magnificent floral displays during our stay. All the public areas of the hotel are beautifully maintained and so clean, they sparkle. As already stated we just love it and the good old-fashioned service they provide. We will be back!
Helpful tips for holidaying here
Monte Gordo is a lively little town with a good variety of shops, bars and restaurants. One of our favorites is Ed and Willems, a Dutch bar/restaurant right on the front. We also enjoy Eurobar and Jopels. If however you are looking for late nightlife and clubs etc, it is not the place to go. Mostly quiet by midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the 60's, here it appears and opens, that would become "The first beach hotel in the Algarve". At the seafront planted, it served as inspiration, named after the great discoverer, who five centuries ago discovered the sea route to India, thus being baptized on August 1, 1960 of "Hotel Vasco da Gama" applied in a metaphorical way, because this would be the first to be born in this region. The Hotel Vasco da Gama offers 186 rooms, which are all equipped with all modern amenities, such as swimming pools, tennis courts, children's playground, mini golf, gym, Wi-Fi internet, parking, private gardens, restaurants and bars. A wide range of services, as well as breathtaking views of the sea, where the main concern is nothing more than the comfort and well-being of those who stay there, or unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vasco da Gama Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Vasco Da Gama
- Vasco Da Gama Monte Gordo
- Vasco Da Gama Hotel Monte Gordo, Portugal - Algarve