“Not Good Not Bad”

Yellow Praia Monte Gordo
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Monte Gordo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Hotel is near the beach so you don't need to drive. It's very dificult to Park!
The Rooms and the Swimming Pool are good.
These Hotel is good for big families because there is enough space for all
The Breakfast is always the same...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Yellow Praia Monte Gordo

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights half board from 27 August, the hotel was very busy with mostly Portuguese family's which made a pleasant change.
The dining room was always busy but if you went early or late finding a table wasn't a problem and the the waiting staff were always very helpful. The food was also very good always something tasty.
Montegordo is very flat and as I have a mobility problem I asked at reception where could I rent a wheelchair I was astonished when the fellow at reception went into the baggage room and gave me a wheelchair for the duration of my holiday for free, I also rented a mobility scooter for a week which gave us even more scope for exploring Montegordo. We had a terrific sea view from our large room on the 8th floor we could also see Ayamonte in Spain and the bridge spanning the Guadiana river.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ReneGourock
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and i booked for the hotel alzcar but because of building work we were moved.we went back in july, and although hotel was a upgrade i was not happy. It was more like a business hotel. The swimming pool was small and nearly all the guests were portugese. So the evening entertainment was for them. we had to go out every night. Must say that the food and rooms was very good, cant fault that. But monte gordo was beautiful, loved the area, atmosphere was great. Beach loverly and bars and restaurants good. we are going back but not to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel has repeatedly gone out of its way to make life easier for us including giving us free parking right by the door. Extra equipment arrived for our bathroom without us requesting it. They reserved a table for us in the restaurant. Many much more exclusive hotels have been far less helpful. All the staff are very kind when Christopher requests high fives as well.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AlisonParker115
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and my friend from San Francisco stayed here for two nights on June 23rd, 2013. We were booked into the Alcazar hotel, which is immediately behind The Yellow. However we had our booking cancelled due to building work and they moved us to here. I must admit the hotel name put me off a bit, but I should not have worried the hotel was marvellous. They gave us a suite for our inconvenience, which was lovely, a balcony overlooking the beach from the huge lounge and also a sea view from the bedroom. The staff on the reception were marvellous, very helpful, as was the bartender who gave us some tips on the restaurants. We only had breakfast in the hotel, however, one review I read said the brealfast was poor, I couldn't disagree more,.plenty of choice well cooked. Lots of staff clearing away plates and resetting tables. This was our first visit to Monte Gordo and I would certainly revisit this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed here from the 3rd July to the 7th July,the hotel was very clean,spacious,staff very friendly and helpful,we stayed bed and breakfast the breakfast was very nice,will definitely return:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NottinghamLotty
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed her from 25th June to 4th July alone. My junior suite on the 7th floor was good as it faced the coast and sea, but suffered slightly with traffic and pool noise (lots of mini footballers staying due to competitions) when balcony door open. The room was good with plenty of space, but the bed was rock hard. Breakfast was not very good for a supposed 4star hotel. I should have stayed at the Alcazar a few hundred metres behind this hotel, but was moved due to "building" work going on. I visited the Alcazar and once explained my circumstances they let me have a look around, very nice looking hotel and when there could just make out the sound of the builders, not at all annoying as it was small work going on not pounding jack-hammers!.
I didn't enjoy the entertainment, seemed geared up for the younger ones! so opted out of going each night. The best was the location, close to beach, short walk to main centre and local transport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Monte Gordo Hotel Apartamentos & Spa
Hotel Apolo
Hotel Apolo
#1 of 2 in Vila Real de Santo Antonio

Been to Yellow Praia Monte Gordo? Share your experiences!