Hostal Horta Rosell
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Hermes(Tossa de Mar)
  • Pool
Hotel Miami(Tossa de Mar)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mar Bella(Tossa de Mar)
View Hotel
SM Hotels Turissa(Tossa de Mar)
  • Pool
Mar Blau Tossa Hotel(Tossa de Mar)
  • Bar/Lounge
Soms Park(Tossa de Mar)
View Hotel
Hotel Continental(Tossa de Mar)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The Rosell is in a great position in Tossa. Not far from the beach and the bus station. Very clean with a cheeky bar/garden that charges 2 euro per pint.
The owner is a very nice English lady who gave us great recommendations even for places outside Tossa.
TV in the bar and not in the room but not a problem as they have live music in the garden!!!!
Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Miquel B, Manager at Hostal Horta Rosell, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hello

Thankyou for taking the time to review the Horta Rosell. I shall hold you to the 'definitely be back' and hopefully it will be this year.
Your review was great, even to the price of the pint! Well spotted.

Thankyou again

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great little hotel. We paid 300 euros for a 3-bed room for 4 nights. The rooms are very clean but basic. The buffet breakfast is quite good compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Ask for a garden view room. The garden is very beautiful and has a nice athmosphere. They have local singers a few times a week and it is a great setting for that. The hotel is in a great location : not too close to the tourist spot but still a short walk from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013
Miquel B, Manager at Hostal Horta Rosell, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Hello and thankyou very much for your great review.

It was really kind of you to take the time writing something nice that helps us to grow and improve. Our breakfasts until 12 have been a great success this year and we have been busy this winter sourcing delicious little croissants for the 2014. It was one of the things that I was determined to improve upon. I am now 1 kilo heavier but delighted to announce that I have found the perfect Horta Rosell breakfast croissant for this season!

It's a long way to come from Canada, I'm very happy that you enjoyed your holiday in Tossa and at the Horta Rosell and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards

Andrea Maw

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Before I start singing the praises of this pretty b&b be warned. This is not a five star, air conditioned resort., and I don't think that the owners pretend to be so. However, saying that, the Rosell has to be one of the nicer, if not the nicest place that I have ever come across. The owners and staff are very, very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. Also, I wsh to mention that the rooms and public areas are SPOTLESS. The guest rooms are basic, with no tv or aircon but they are comfortable, with again spotless, (looked like recently bought) bed linen. The tv issue wasn't a problem for me. I would have liked aircon but there is a fan in the wardrobe. I had my breakfast in the very pretty garden. You can eat as much as you want although no hot fare. The coffee was delicious. The Rosell is empty by day but from about 6pm until 11.30pm it is certainly a big hit with the locals and the tourists that actually find it. The garden is a Mohito hot house! I am from Nevada and have tasted far to many but the Mohito crown goes to the one served at the Rosell bar! To sum it up, if you want a very small, central, lively and FRIENDLY staffed b&b at a really good rate (tip, get intouch directly wth them for booking) book here. If you are looking for plasma tv in your room and dead quiet, don't .

Room Tip: Get touch with the hotel direct for the best rate and ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nikki p

WOW!
This review has made me cry. I've wanted to reply for a while and didn't know quite what to put. Thankyou so, so much. You were a fantastic guest. I know that you generally don't visit the same place twice. Well that is our loss.
I'm so glad that you picked us when you decided to visit Tossa de mar. If you ever choose to return we shall be waiting with the red carpet and Mojitos lined up!

Your English friend in Tossa de mar

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The whole experience was wonderful . This little b&b has the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered anywhere. Their recommendations for restaurants and places to visit were spot on.
Although the room was basic it was immaculate, nice sheets, towels, and little bathroom. It was cleaned well every day.
Location is good, 5mins walk from the main beach and near all the restaurants, shops and the old town.
The garden is pretty, we ate a fair breakfast there every morning and relaxed with a drink in the evening. I’m not really into cocktails but EVERYONE seemed to have one in their hands. Beers are 1euros each + they do a good cup of tea, probably coz one of the owners, Andrea is English. Also, they do have music in the evenings which was blinding.
We thought the Rosell was very good value and would love to stay again. Thanks for a lovely break, Julia and Simon Russ!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Miquel B, Director Comercial at Hostal Horta Rosell, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello Julia and Simon,
Thankyou for your positive, and very generous comments and thankyou so much for taking the time to post your review. You were great company, and perfect guests!
I hope that you both enjoyed doing the 'camino de ronda' walks, I couldn't have you go home and miss the wonderful views that these coastal paths offer. Next time you visit (fingers crossed you will be back with us in the near future) I will highlight on your map the inland, mountain trails of the 'puig de les cadiretes'. + give you a copy of my recommended restaurants in Tossa sheet, that thankfully, I have now typed and printed off for 2014, much more professional than my scribbles on pieces of paper.
All through this our first season, I have written down the good suggestions that you and our other guests have given and taken onboard ALL that has been written on TA (good and not so good) and will try and implement improvments for 2014 budget allowing!
Please come back and see us soon.....Andrea

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We really liked the cleanliness of the hotel along with all the, friendly staff (Andrea, Francesca, Natalia, Borja, Miguel & the maid). The location was ideal, the ambience was perfect, the value for money was spot on, the breakfast in the garden served till 12 was a great way to start the day, and our room with balcony overlooking the garden area which catches the sun all day was the ideal place to retreat for our early evening bubbly. People shouldn't complain about No Aircon, No Parking, No TV etc. when these and others are clearly not showing in the Hotel's facilities!
Please remember this is a Two star B&B after all, but it's a very good one at that, we recommend you give it a try.

Room Tip: Room overlooking garden, catches the afternoon/evening sun.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank foddster

Hello Foddster

Brillant, thankyou so much for this review. I couldn't have put it better myself! We do try to do our best. We hope to add on extras in the near future but at the moment our amenities are clean and comfortable but basic. There will be a few new things happening and arriving for 2014, so please look at our Facebook page as we will be publishing up to date posts. Meanwhile, we are busy sprucing up for Easter, on the look out for evening entertainment talent and getting our hands dirty in the garden. Everything has to pass muster for the start of the season.

Thankyou once again, please come back and visit us soon.

Warm regards