“A beautiful beach”
Review of Platja Gran

Platja Gran
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I understand that the artist, Marc Chagall summered here for 4 decades. You'll understand why. One corner of the beach seemed to attract topless sun bathers. I noticed, but I hope my wife didn't notice that I noticed!

1  Thank BravoZ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not many things I disliked but be warn there are 80% Russians holiday makers here. Beach very clean many Restaurant around the beach the food is good. Plenty of set menus.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Swimming is always a bonus for us and we loved swimming at the main beach in Tossa. The water was so clear and clean and we were often the only people swimming before breakfast (June), so certainly not crowded at that time of day. Hope we manage to return sometime.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

June & September are ideal-less crowded and the water is gin clear. Good snorkeling under the Minerva statue and at the far end of the Mar Menuda beach where you can float above the many scuba divers going through their paces.
For good food do try Bar Claudi on the main beach-the other beach bar is drinks and snacks only.
If the weather is good then the beach on Sunday can be heaving with Spanish day trippers plonked right by the water but most of them vanish at 2.30 for their main meal of the day.

1  Thank Silverswimmer
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Such a lovely place...really pleasant lying on the beach and looking at Tossa's great castle. Absolutely picture perfect!