“Lovely friendly hotel”

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
bargoed, mid glam
“Lovely friendly hotel”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is our third stay at the Oasis Tossa and once again we had a lovely stay, for 9 days this time. Check in was calm, unrushed and friendly and we were allocated a high room with a pool view, as requested via email. The room was a little smaller than the ones we'd stayed in previously (a double rather than a twin) so we requested a change, which was sorted immediately. The twin rooms have 2 single beds pushed together with one headboard and the room is larger.
The rooms are a good size, nicely laid out and spotlessly clean.
We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, especially if you smile and greet them!
Can't comment on the entertainment as we went for a walk down the front every evening. The castle is very beautiful lit up at night and Tossa has a good selection of bars along the sea front. It's a good 10 minute walk from hotel to beach. Longer if you go via the shops and stop off for a coffee!
We found there was a good selection of food at the hotel, especially fresh salads and fruit. The bread and roll selection was very good, always fresh, as were the cheeses. The fish was always excellent. And the desserts were lovely. Some of the main dishes had too much oil for our taste but we always found something. The only real complaint I had was the breakfast orange juice....it was from a machine and tasted watery and quite synthetic. While I don't expect freshly squeezed juice every day, even tho Spanish oranges are fab, regular juice from a carton would be better than the watery machine stuff!
Our room was cleaned every day, and towels were changed daily if we wanted.
We hired a safe and fridge, well worth the extra to keep drinks cool.
Tossa is a lovely town, plenty of walks and easy access to other towns via the bus or by boat. There is a bus directly to Barcelona from Tossa. The tourist info is around the corner from the bus station and the lady there is very helpful.
The pool area is clean and well kept and there are plenty of sunbeds. There is also a spa on the lower ground floor with a pool and jacuzzi.
My husband celebrated his 50th birthday while we were there and was surprised with a bottle of bubbly delivered to our room. How lovely!
All in all a great holiday and we will definitely be returning to the Oasis Tossa.

Room Tip: A pool view room is best. I emailed beforehand to ask for one. The hotel will do it's best to ac...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank checkyface
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear loyal guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor and thanks for your helpful feedback.
It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us. Your comfortability is our commitment.
Thanks and do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you visit again Tossa de Mar.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Before choosing the hotel I read the reviews of people on this site. We traveled in the end of September/beginning of October with a 3 years old little one, so important factor for me was that location is not too far from the sea and the city center, also that hotel is family friendly and they have a swimming pool, entertainment for kids and variety of good food.
We came to the hotel about 10 pm, the receptionists spoke good English and we checked in within 5 minutes. Our room was specious enough, clean, with the TV showing programs in different languages (English, French, Italian and Russian) and what was important for us - they had kids cartoons channels. We had a room with the view to the pool which was fun and also we could see if there is space by the pool or is it crowded before deciding whether to go to the pool or to the sea side.
The only remark would be that balconies are very close to each other and most of our neighbors were heavy smokers, so there were no chances we could keep our balcony door open or hang out on the balcony. Even at night time when we tried to open the balcony door to get some fresh air inside instead of using air conditioner all the time, we had to close the door as at 4-5 am tobacco smoke was coming to the room. That was probably the most frustrating thing about the hotel.
The food was ok, lots of fish, vegetables and fruits available also. I've been told that they treat guests for the Cava sparkling wine in the morning for breakfast, but I saw Cava only first morning. The downside about the restaurant was that there was very little space between the tables, so I literally had to squeeze in between the tables, if I had to walk to our table not in the first raw. Some of the staff in the restaurant was acting like I was on their way to do something very important and disrupting they routine because I'm on their way, was literally pushes aside by the ladies with the trays. But there were also few friendly people.
The pool for kids and also adults was good, there is a space for kids to play also and mini club. But mini club was closed most of the days, probably because we were by the end of the season. But once it was open, there was very friendly animation guy, shame I don't remember his name. My little one was at the kids disco one night, which she really enjoyed a lot.
Spa facilities are free of charge and are also great. I used them few times, once when it was raining outside.
Most of the visitors in the hotel were elderly couples and families with the young kids.
The hotel was about 10 min walk from the sea and central Tossa, which was good to have some little walk or exercise :)
Outside the hotel there was a kids play area, one street down from the hotel. Also they have a street market very close to the hotel on Thursday mornings.
In overall we were very happy with the room, pool, food, location, staff and hotel, except for not being able to open the balcony because of the cigarettes smoke coming to the room.

Room Tip: If you are ealy bird or have small kids and like to go to sleep around 9-11 pm, ask for the room awa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BeataLee75
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
As you said Hotel Oasis Tossa is a family friendly hotel, we are more than happy to receive entire families with kids in our hotel and in other GHT Hotels.
I apologize for the inconvenient with the cigarettes smoke; if in the future it happens you again, please don’t hesitate to contact the reception. We will try to offer you another room.
Hope to see you soon.
Loughton Essex
Reviewed 22 October 2013

On arriving and our room supposed to br ready for 1pm we were told that it would be up to 2pm. It is a multi national hotel. I am not well and asked for a low level floor, which we got. The cleaner was amazing, Not sure if they get a floor each, We were on the 1st floor and she fully made the beds everyday, Cleaned the bathroom and cleaned the entire room! As for the bar staff, They did their job as probably being paid peanuts by a big company! (You could not get away from the advertising, really in your face. JHT), Not their fault. There was a lady that worked behind the bar and she was lovely, I gave her a bottle of perfume as she asked me what it was and loved it, The younger ones did not want to be there, And on our last night when it was pouring down, A young barman advised me that I had had a few to drink and when it rains, Most people spend their night in their room! As in saying?! As for Carlos, Whom I started this off with, He is a pool lifeguard, I became very ill and not aware of anything until I was told the next day by my husband. From what I have been told by my husband, Carlos jumpad in to try and help me, Then organized emergency services. I spent the night in a prison! When I go back to Tossa the next day, He was not working, When I saw him the further day, I gave
him a big kiss on the cheek and a hug. Carlos and the cleaner are amazing! The reception are great, and I can not remember her name behind the bar, Although through the review shall remember me.

Room Tip: Quiet area so not important. We were at the outer side of building with a building opposite, so thei...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NanetteDoyle
Dear Nanette,
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
Housekeeping cleans the entire rooms every day to try to make feel our clients at home. Thanks for appreciate their work.
Most part of our staff works in the hotels since many years ago and I can confirm they are happy and proud to work for GHT Hotels. I’m happy to know that you have a good opinion from them, especially from our lifeguard.
Hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

What a beautiful hotel neatly hidden in the resort of Tossa del mar, yet within reach of all that the resort has to offer, From Aqua lung experience to sailing to climbing or even just Housey house (Tombola) (Bingo) !! Five nights and days completely full of so much to do , My companions and I were overwhelmed by the generosity and friendliness of the inhabitants, Great food particularly salads a la med !! I personally couldnt get enough !!

Room Tip: Overlooking the pools gives the best of the Sun!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AAMPR
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear guest,
What a pleasure to read these lines and the big amount of enthusiasm about our hotel and Tossa Mar. Thanks for sharing your opinion!!
I’m glad to know that you enjoyed our buffet and facilities. Hopefully we will see you again!!
Don’t hesitate to consult our web site, ghthotels, to discover other GHT Hotels and take advantage of the best promotions.
greater manchester
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Tossa De Mar was one of those places I just hadn't gotten around to visiting and the resort itself you will not be disappointed with. I chose the Oasis Tossa after reading various reports from this site, the hotel itself is nice and clean, bedrooms spacious, it was really towards the back end of the season so there were plenty of sunbeds to go around, peaceful around the pool and actually a decent size pool, there wasn't much entertainment at the hotel, but normally that isn't a issue but because again end of season not much happening in town as well, as most things shutting down. I was however very disappointed with the food at the hotel - not being a fussy eater and normally always finding something to eat - one night i really did struggle, they seemed to mess around with food putting it in all sorts of sauces, the choice at times was quite poor - of all the veg and fruit that they must grow there did seem little evidence of this at dinner time - I personally didn't find the staff that friendly especially in the dining room, their manner at times was quite off putting - so would I go there again, probably not,however i would definatley go back to Tossa De Mar, its a delightful resort - a warren of streets where you can find bars & restaurants and little hotels, the beach's are clean and although i didn't venture into the sea - it did look very inviting. There is also a bus service into the nearby resort of Lloret which is a totally different kettle of fish, however really nice walks along the coastline - and you can also get the bus into Barcelona. Be aware though of what tour operators tell you about transfers, we expected a transfer time of just over an hour, it took 2 and that was going into Girona, however on the way back it took just over 30 minutes... be also aware of the catalan tourist tax which we knew nothing about until we had to pay on arrival at the hotel, it works out at about 1euro per person per day..

Room Tip: enquire about taxi transfer rather than the bus, it could save you time in the long run.... if you l...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bizzybee66
Dear Deborah,
Thanks for your comment on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciate your feedback; it will definitely help us to improve. We will take note of all your comments for future betterment.
Hope to see you soon!
CUMBRIA,ENGLAND
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It is now our sixth time at this hotel. If any thing there is an improvement in the food department. There seems to be an even better salad and fruit and dessert selection. The soup and hot food island did not disappoint yet again. My thanks to the management and staff for making our holiday in this beautiful part of Catalonia so comfortable yet again. I am happy to say that your standards have definitely not fallen over the the years-well done.
Tossa itself is a delightful destination. It's beautiful,historic and welcoming and definitely not LLoret or Benidorm. It is visited for it's old town, castle, marvellous beaches,food,walks up the cliffs and in the hills in the surrounding countryside. Excellent and cheap bus services to Barcelona and Gerona and of course Lloret enable you get out and about.
So if you are a first timer to this part of Spain I heartily recommend this unpretentious,welcoming,comfortable,and well run hotel which is still excellent value for money.

Room Tip: high rooms overlooking pool numbers 444 to 437
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BUCEPHALES
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
Year after year we try to improve the service and the quality of the hotel. Thanks for appreciate it and recommend us.
Hopefully we will see you soon!
Darlington, England
Reviewed 10 October 2013

hotel is very nice, staff helpful, and room cleaned every day with lovely towels, cannot find fault at all with that. Food ok, but im a veggie and don't eat much but did get by ok. Not much entertainment on an evening, but that could be the time of year. Tossa De Mar is a nice enough place but we wont be coming back, as there isn't much to do. We don't sit round the pool or on the beach so once you have gone to the castle a few times, done the market, gone on the boats and bus that's it really. I think teenagers would be very bored. Had a problem with the couple in the next room, hammering on the wall because we dared to speak after midnight, we were not loud, but he took offence, we should have asked to be moved, so our fault not the hotels, but you can hear everything, coughs, snoring etc. It was our wedding anniversary so this couple did spoil it slightly. So you older German do need to chill out a bit, and have some fun on holiday, and realise that you are not the quiet little mice you think you are !!

Room Tip: cannot really add a tip, as I would imagine all rooms are a bit noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure receive our guests feedback.
I regret the inconvenience that the noise in your room may have caused.
Hopefully we will see you next summer, during the high season there is plenty of activities to do in our hotel.