“Wonderful week!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tossa Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tossa de Mar
Tossa Beach Hotel
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
england
“Wonderful week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

Well well well, I looked on trip advisor so many times before we left I was so worried I made a mistake using the hotel because of the reviews on it and well you pay a very good price for what you get I mean come on people what are you expecting for the price? it’s a lovely hotel, its very clean and they try there hardest to keep every one happy and I am a rather picky person, I like my food hot and fresh I like my bed clean and made and I got that every day I was there! Its been slated by the other reviews and all I can say is that the hotel must have changed a lot since some of the old reviews were written as is not as it seems! (its much better then people make out)

The beach is just down the road from the hotel and there are about three all in a line one of which is lovely however rather rocky and does hurt your feel so shoes would be good (preferably the little fabric shoes that you wear in the sea or like me wear crocs , the smaller beach up the road from there is very small but nice and quiet and sweet its very romantic and private, there is a also another beach a little thither along witch is more sandy and is rather wonderful! One of the days we was there some people had there wedding on that beach that shows how wonderful it really is!

There is a castle just near the beach we walked up it and you will see from a far how long that takes Ha-ha it was worth it I suppose if you like the view of water? The castle has just recently been re-built and you can see the new stone and concrete so it’s a bit of a let down but fun of an evening as on the way back down to the bottom there is a small ice cream shop, wow I must have put on pounds but it was worth it ! (chocolate ice cream two scoops its gorgeous!!)

The rooms are clean and large, the view was beautiful and the bathroom was huge and spacious the sun was luxury well isn’t anything compared to the English rain rain and more rain!

The food was nice there is always variety but its like any normal all inclusive I serpose,
I have been on many holidays to Spain and I have to say the food there was the best I have ever tried, there is allways fresh salad and fresh fruit and veg so whether your watching your weight or pigging out its perfect for all. I give this hotel and tossa de mar a big five stars as it was extent value and I would go back tomorrow if I could :]

hope it helped :]

if you want any pic's or have any questions email me at [--]

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
North England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

Really helpful service from start to finish. Really friendly, helped us with booking excursions when needed. Bar staff efficient, always tried to have a smile on their faces. Rooms were kept spotless even if a little dated. Every room has a balcony which is nice as our room got sunshine right through the day.
Choice of food is fine if samey, not much in the way if you're a veggie but again for £20 a night its an unlimited buffet and unlimited drinks of good standard. There are also supermarkets within 5 minutes of the hotel if you fancy eating something different. Theres a really good chinese at the back of the hotel which is reasonably priced. Would also recommend Toms Steakhouse by the beach.
Hotel itself is basic but worth the money, only problem being the pools don't get much sunlight/are cold but isn't really an issue once you're swimming. Didn't have an issue finding a sunbed either. The hotel is located 5 minutes, if that, from beach/castle/main resort. As said before its not a party resort but there are boats to Lloret. Be aware that there isn't any transport back from Lloret to Tossa after around 8pm, so if you want a night out be prepared to pay for a taxi! Loads of things to do on the beach, pedolos, canoeing, glass bottomed boat rides, scuba diving.
The resort is situated an hour (ish) from Barcelona, but it took us nearly an hour an a half due to traffic, and once in Barcelona its around a further hour getting through the city and to/from the airport if you go on the bus. Didn't really mind as Barcelona is a beautiful city.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
West Mids
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

My husband and I have recently returned from a short stay at the Tossa Center Hotel (which is the sister hotel to the Tossa Beach) . When we arrived an english lady greeted us on the reception desk, who was very pleasant and helpful. It is quite an updated hotel and very clean. The meals were very nice with a good selection. The staff and cleaners are friendly. My only disadvantage to this hotel is that the pools are quite small with limited sunbeds and the closet beach has very fine stones instead of sand, but this didnt affect our stay and we still went to the beach every day.
It has wonderful scenery and a good choice of bars, resturants and shops. This isnt really a clubbers holiday as there are more couples, families and pensioners, (which we preferred!), however there isnt much entertainment for children except for in the hotel which can get very busy!! But overall a great break!!

1 Thank NickyWestMids
Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

Could not fault this hotel we have been going to spain and abroad for summer hols for over forty years and this rates as probably the best three star I have stayed in. Warning this hotel and town is not a 18/30 place so for you youngsters who want to party, stop up all night, get drunk, make as much noise as possible, vomit on the stairways and then sleep all day this place is not for you so do not come here. It is a small sedate family hotel ideal for a quiet relaxing holiday. The staff is all friendly hard working and the whole place is kept amazingly clean. The food is adequate there is something for everyone and the dining area is clean and comfortable. The only reason I did not give it a ten is the air conditioning in the room was not efficient to cool the room but as it was not high season was still comfortable.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnboNorthumberland
yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

After reading some of the reviews, I was slightly apprehensive, but we were astounded at the comments that had been made, we found it extremely good value for money, ok the rooms are dated but they are very clean as was all the hotel, the staff are lovely, the food was great, the location is perfect, and the management deal quickly with people who get rowdy, Tossa is a lovely place, and we will certainly be returning, and recommending it to out friends. Big thank you to all the staff.

3 Thank YorkshireOldercouple

Travellers are raving about these Tossa de Mar hotels

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

We spent 9 nights at the Tossa Beach Hotel, the room was quite dated but cleaned and towels changed daily. The food & drinks were good and varied, we never had to queue and the staff were 'very polite and helpful'. There was entertainment for the children and adults in the Tossa Beach Hotel and across the road at the Tossa Centre there was a more quieter atmosphere for people to have drinks and a chat. The Tossa Beach can be quite noisy at times, peoples voices seem to echo up the building, but the management do close the bar at midnight (and remember everyone is on holiday)!.Both hotels have pools but they don't get the sun all day. The beach is just a 3 minute walk down the road and is very clean and spacious. Overall this holiday was great value and Tossa De Mar is a lovely place to visit, much better than my initial expectations, some lovely shops to look around and the Castle is an additional bonus we had some lovely relaxing strolls and drinks up there.

1 Thank LadyPoly
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

returned home on june 8th 09 and loved everything about it. The food was great, and can't understand how some people have put that the food was awful, what are they expecting? al a carte menus??Staff were friendly and the cleaners were thorough. You have the use of the sister hotel directly across the road aswell which is good. The old town is lovely and the beach is clean, didn't want to come home. We are definately going again next year for a week in June, just loved it loved it loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank catloverlondon