After various disappointing experiences with hotels in downtown Stockholm I chose the Scandic Alvik because of its good connection both to the city (less than 15 minutes subway) and to Stockholms-Mässan in Älvsjö (less than 20 minutes with the tram). Compared to the city hotels I experienced, the room had much more space and a true bathroom, not only a one square meter cell. And the breakfast was quite opulent, though somewhat boring. A perfect stay for two or three nights over the weekend.
However, after a one weeks stay I am somewhat doubtful whether I should rate with three or four dots. Because certain aspects became rather disturbing the longer the stay was:
- no closet so that I had to keep most clothes in my suitcase;
- no window that can be opened in the room. The a/c-system is excellent, but I slept very bad without fresh air (I asked at the reception whether there was an option for a room with a true window but that seems only to be the case with the suites);
- Full range of breakfast available only on Saturday and Sunday. On weekdays breakfast offer was limited and tasted boring. In addition, the dining room was very full and noisy at least between 7 and at 8 am which led to queues.
- And, finally, everything is neat and modern, but completely lacks atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to hotel Scandic Alvik!The hotel is located close to central Stockholm, within easy reach of sights, shops, culture and entertainment. Bromma airport is only a short drive away.The Scandic Alvik hotel is located only 5 kilometers from central Stockholm. Metro, tram and bus links are available next to the hotel and will take you to Stockholm’s city centre within 10 minutes. During the summer months, you can also take the ferry, M/S Movitz, into central Stockholm. Alvik Strand business district is situated round the corner from hotel Scandic Alvik and Bromma Airport is only a short drive away. Facility Our guest rooms at hotel Scandic Alvik are inspired by Scandinavian design. When staying with us, you can enjoy the best of big city life or head out for a jog along Lake Malaren before relaxing in our sauna. Visit our hotel restaurant for tasty dishes or relax in a comfy armchair in our TV area with a hot or cold drink from the bar. Arrange your next meeting or conference at hotel Scandic Alvik in Stockholm. Our conference facilities are brand new and stretch across 625 sqm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Scandic Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Scandic Alvik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alvik Bromma, Stockholm County