Scandic Alvik
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsmetro stationnice hotelgreat breakfastbusiness tript banabreakfast buffethuge selectionhandy locationfamily roomt centralenexcellent stayincluded in the pricesmall supermarketfamily staygreen linefresh fruitother hand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My room was smallish but functional. No dresser, could have used a few more hangers. Very clean and neat. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Dinner was good, not a huge selection but well made. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about our hotel!
I am happy you found our breakfast excellent and the cleaning of the hotel nice.
Also that the dinner was good and that you got nice service from our staff.
I hope you had a good stay in Stockholm and that we will see you back here sometime soon again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Been there for a business trip and even with the convention of the Company hosting me it costed 172 €. That's too much by me for a Hotel out of the center of Stockholm and with basic services including a very normal breakfast.
Some points more come out of the fitness facilities and the good connection by train with the Central Station and even Gamla Stan through the Alvik Station in the nearby.
I assume that at least 200 € per night is the basic rate and even in the very expensive Sweden you would expect some more to make it very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us earlier this month!

I appreciate your feedback from your stay. This is important for us so we can become better.
I am also happy you like the good communication to the city and the fitness room.

Hope to see you at Scandic Alvik soon again!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed in Scandic Alvik for a day. Station is nearby, the rooms are clean but small. The standard room lacks bathtub. Breakfast is the best part, it has so much variety and one can eat as much as you want too. Staff is nice and good.

McDonalds, Bank ATM are nearby. The view from hotel window was not great and nearby building construction was bit of issue. Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Piyush,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay earlier in September!

I am happy to hear that you like our breakfast and the service from our staff.
Also that you found our rooms clean. Some of our family rooms and our suites have bathtubes so maybe this could be something to try next stay?

Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed in Scandic Alvik for 2 weeks, since I had my office in Gustavslundsvagen, Alvik. The hotel staffs are very courteous to attend to your needs and also they had a great breakfast. The station is just 100 meters from the hotel and we have shops like ICA and McDonalds near by. They have a gym as well, but it's very basic.

Overall, a nice place to stay for business trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Ponsingh,

Thank you for your nice feedback from your stay with us!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found our staff courteous and that you liked our breakfast!

I look forwards of having you as our guest soon again!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

After various disappointing experiences with hotels in downtown Stockholm I chose the Scandic Alvik because of its good connection both to the city (less than 15 minutes subway) and to Stockholms-Mässan in Älvsjö (less than 20 minutes with the tram). Compared to the city hotels I experienced, the room had much more space and a true bathroom, not only a one square meter cell. And the breakfast was quite opulent, though somewhat boring. A perfect stay for two or three nights over the weekend.
However, after a one weeks stay I am somewhat doubtful whether I should rate with three or four dots. Because certain aspects became rather disturbing the longer the stay was:
- no closet so that I had to keep most clothes in my suitcase;
- no window that can be opened in the room. The a/c-system is excellent, but I slept very bad without fresh air (I asked at the reception whether there was an option for a room with a true window but that seems only to be the case with the suites);
- Full range of breakfast available only on Saturday and Sunday. On weekdays breakfast offer was limited and tasted boring. In addition, the dining room was very full and noisy at least between 7 and at 8 am which led to queues.
- And, finally, everything is neat and modern, but completely lacks atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Renate,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Scandic Alvik!
I am happy to hear that you appreciate our location as well as the size of our rooms.
It ´s correct as you state that our windows are not able to open. I am glad you feel that the ventilation system is working well so the air is still fresh.
We always strive towards improving and therefore welcome your feedback of the things you feel we can do better.
I also hope we get the chance of having you here soon again!