“Good connection to tram line and great breakfast”
Review of Scandic Alvik

Scandic Alvik
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bromma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good connection to a tram line and bountiful breakfast. But... Room was hot in the summer sun and AC was inadequate, tub leaked and we had to be relocated. Second room wasn't any better, just smaller. Alcohol was pricey but a shop across the street had "must-haves." Higher floors had the best views. Be sure to shut curtains well as summer sun is strong in Stockholm.

I really wanted to like this hotel because it had all the amenities, but it just didn't make the cut. Not the worst place we've stayed but definitely not the best.. By far.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from. Owning light as the sun is strong and long lasting in summer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BizzReviews
Stefan S, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Tripadvisor user,

thank you very much for your comments on your stay at Scandic Alvik. I am glad that you liked the breakfast and the good location.

Many of our rooms have very large windows which is a very nice feature on most days of the year, but when it is a bit extra sunny outside the large area of glass warms the room quite quickly.

We always try to leave the curtains shut during the warmer days, which normally is enough, but on occasions this not sufficent. I am sorry about that.

I do hope you had an enjoyable stay anyway in Stockholm and welcome back.

There are newer reviews for Scandic Alvik

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Close to the offices that I need to visit and my wife enjoyed it since it was very close to the public transit. Beautiful city! Staff were professional, breakfast was great. There was also restaurants near by; close to a strip mall. Also had a grocery store near by. Would recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tripadvisor user,

thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor on your stay. I am especially pleased with your positive remarks on the staff and the location.

I and my colleagues wish you very nice summer and welcome back on any occasion.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Keep in mind that the public transportation in Stockholm (like any other major European cities) is superb so it makes this hotel a great place to stay for Stockholm visit unless paying over $200 per night is not a big deal for your stay. This hotel looks pretty new and the room is not huge but does not feel tight either since it uses the space efficiently. It is very close to the subway train station or bus stop(although we never used bus when we were there) at Alvik. And we never needed to wait for a long time at the station so literally 15min you should be getting to all major tourism points of interest in Stockholm. Also noticed the floor in the bath room seems always warm so I do wonder if there is some heating underneath the bathroom floor, which is a plus for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stefan S, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Hxj127,

thank you for taking yout time to write a review of Scandic Alvik!

I am glad that you promote the easiness of getting to and from the hotel with local transportation. It is indeed one of our greatest advantages. But nevertheless, if you do have a car, we also have 150 spaces for parking.

Yes, the bathroom floor is heated and especially during the winter time this an extra welcomed feature.

Hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. The rooms are a good size but quite basic - feels a bit like sleeping in IKEA!

The bed is comfortable and pillows OK (I'm fussy about my pillows!). There are a number of English TV channels and many of the. Swedish channels show programmes such as CSI and English or US dramas in English with. Swedish subtitles so there is usually something to watch.

Temperature control is a bit of an issue during the night. It seemed you either have to have it on cooling or hearing but can't just switch it off.

The food is good. I had the Salmon and asparagus and it was delicious. The breakfast is vast and very good quality.

The staff are welcoming and helpful.

In terms of location it is in the city suburbs but the green line train is a 2 minute walk away and takes you into the city centre in 20 mins for about £2.50 and they run until late at night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stefan S, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello dear Heidi,

thank you for your review of Scandic Alvik here on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you find our rooms good and of good size, and that you liked our special asparagus menu that we are proud to serve during the asparagus season.

As several customers have mentioned before we are located very conveniently just two minutes from trams,buses and subway, which makes Scandic Alvik a good choice for either your business of leisure trip.

Looking forward to seeing you here again on any occasion.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here whilst attending a wedding in Stockholm. The staff were very friendly and attentive, rooms were clean. The hotel itself was nothing special, functional and handy location for the underground - the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Stefan S, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Tripadvisor user,

thank you for sending us a few words about your stay. Glad that you enjoyed your stay on an overall scale. I am happy that you enjoyed the location since it is a very strong upside to the hotel.

I would like to recommend you to try out our superior rooms or our junior suites on the 11th floor with an outstanding view of the city. Maybe the next time you visit Stockholm?

Until then,

Thank you for your view and welcome back on any occasion.

Stefan Saager, General Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel while not in the city Centre is only 10 minutes away by tunelbana. There is a mixture of rooms from a standard room which has two beds to the large double rooms. The restaurant is good, the food selection is not huge but at least its nice. The staff are polite and friendly. The breakfast selection is very good.

Room Tip: If there is two of you try and go for the bigger rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Stefan S, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello and thank you for your views on Scandic Alvik, we very much appreciate it!

I agree that the location is really good. With the subway, tram lines and buses within a minutes reach, you can not really get any better location when you are comparing hotels outside of the city centre,

Thank you for your words on the breakfast and the restaurant. We are currently looking to expand some parts of the menu, and during the summer we will offer a nice summer buffét together with a kids menu composed by Jamie Oliver.

Please also note that Scandic has the largest variety of ecological breakfast items among the various hotel chains - I am glad you liked it!

Again, thank you for letting us know, and I wish you welcome back on any other occasion.

Stefan Saager, General Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Its like 2nd home for me, came to Stockholm for a business trip. The people at reception are awesome - always friendly and smiling, ready to help. In my last trip I lost my scarf in hotel and this time when I was back, my scarf was returned back to me at time of checkin.

Breakfast is the same same - you may get board by eating same things everyday. They also lack coffee in rooms - only Superior rooms on 10th floor have it for free.

For me its close to my work place and close to station so I keep coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter - avoid rooms on 3rd, 4th and 5th floor. U can hear the noise due to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sabina S, Receptionschef at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Piyush,

We are glad that you took the time to write about your stay at Scandic Alvik! Especially thanks for the nice feedback regarding our staff at front desk.

It's correct about not having coffee in all rooms. For those who prefer more amenities in the room we offer a room type called Superior extra.In these rooms you have coffe and tea set, fridge, more hygien products from FACE in bathroom, bathrobe, extra movie channels, 50 SEK voucher, safebox and a beatiful view over Stockholm and lake Mälaren.

We hope to see you here again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromma
Kungsholmen
Best Western Capital Hotel
#105 of 154 in Stockholm
Norrmalm
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel

Been to Scandic Alvik? Share your experiences!