“Excellent quality at reasonable price. Good for Bromma airport arrivals.”
Review of Brommavik Hotel

Brommavik Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bromma
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent quality at reasonable price. Good for Bromma airport arrivals.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Excellent reception staff, nice clean room with excellent beds and pillows. Enough room to hang cloths, sit, free soft drinks in quiet fridge, nice bathroom with all amenities and powerful shower. Wifi free and well functioning. I cannot comment on the breakfast (left too early). The hotel is 5 min taxi ride from Bromma airport and 8 min walk from railway station with quick connections to Stockholm center and the Messe (fair). Price / quality is good. Room was quiet and comfy. The area is semi-industrial/offices with few distractions, resto's or bars. Hotel ambiance is cosy.

Room Tip: End of corridor for quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcinbrussels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had made a booking with the Brommavik Hotel ,Bromma , Stockholm, Sweden from 16 Sep13 to 20 Sep 13 thro one of the major websites. I faced a lot of problems at this Hotel.

For ease of reference I would enumerate each of the issues as detailed below.

1. I was given a room which measured less than 3meters by 3 meters. When I complained that I had booked into a four star hotel they told me that I had booked an economy room. I told them that I had booked a Classic double room for two people. Ms. Pauline in the reception told me that they had advised the booking site that it was an economy room but the website had stated in their site/write up that it was a classic room. (The website thru which I booked later clarified that the Hotel was in the wrong on thuis aspect).

Whatever name may be used it was crystal clear that this room does not have the standard(s) of a four star Hotel. They told that they will give me a larger room only for 2 nights as the Hotel did not have a spare room. I found this to be absolutely unacceptable. I had booked a classic room for two people in a four star hotel hence I should be given an appropriate room say measuring minimum 4 m by 5 meters . The room I was given had the following major deficiencies.

a. There was not enough space for one person to move around let alone 2 persons.
b.There was not even a mirror in the room. We had go to the toilet to have a look at the mirror.

c. There was not enough/ sufficient wardrobe nor furniture in the room. The wardrobe was less than 10 cm wide. (I have taken photographs of this and the other unacceptable standards/ specifications of the Hotel ). This was the First time in my life I had seen such a small wardrobe into which one could not put one's hand properly.

They gave me a larger room for the first two nights and then I had to return to the smaller room for the remainder of the 2 nights.

2. The entrance to the Hotel was in a bad state. Due to some construction work the entrance looked horrible. There was no proper entrance to the Hotel. There were no proper and adequate lights on the wooden sort of ramp/ entrance /pavement to the hotel.

3. The breakfast was not of an acceptable standard. There was not even one a single salad dressing. The breakfast was certainly not of the standards of a four star hotel. At best it would have barely passed the standards of a three star Hotel.

4.There is no English Newspaper in the Hotel.

5.Over all the above I had a big row with the Hotel. I would describe the same as follows.

On 17 Sep 13 we came back to the Hotel at around 20.00 hrs. The lady in the reception Ms. Nathalie told us that we would have to pay 700 Swedish Kroner for some alleged damages to one of their pillow case, towel and one drinking glass. I told them it was unacceptable and Nathalie immediately told that I would have to vacate the Hotel. I demanded to speak to the manager. Initially they gave some wishy washy answers. Finally they told that their manger Ms. Jasmine Liu (I understand she is the proprietor of this Hotel also). was of Chinese origin and does not speak English. I told them that itself shows the quality and credibility of this organization. Finally Ms. Nathalie told that Ms. Jasmine would come at 9.30 hrs. on 18 sep13 & would discuss the issue.

The manager Ms. Jasmine did not appear before me till 10 .00 hrs. I demanded that she come before me & waited for half an hour at the reception. All sorts of lame excuses were given by the staff about traffic, the manger being busy, does not know English, etc. I insisted & finally this lady appeared at 10.00 hrs. My wife recognized this lady & told me that she ( Jasmine Liu) had come to the Hotel at 7.30 hrs. on 18 sep13 while we were having our breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor. I tried to reason with this lady but she was adamant & not willing to provide any details of the purchase/ landed cost of these items and saying that they would lock me out etc.

I told the Hotel to call an independent agency but they did do not do anything, On the whole I wasted a lot of time on all the issues and I am thoroughly dissatisfied with their services. They do not believe in giving proper service but just wants to take more money from the customer by making false and exorbitant claims. There was another lady namely Ms. Josephine who during this meeting was saying regularly that I got the Hotel at a good rate & hence I should vacate or pay more.

Finally at the time of removing my luggage from the cloak room on 20 Sep13 Ms. Jasmine Liu was working alone in the reception thus nailing the lie that she does not speak English.

I reiterate that I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the standards of this Hotel and their service levels. They appear to be a bunch of people out to harass the customer & make more money. Please bear this in mind when dealing with this Hotel.

Finally to conclude the website thro which I made the booking returned one nights cost/charge and they advised me that they have removed this hotel from their website.

Room Tip: Take a room on the upper floors facing the front raod. A few rooms( of dimension 3m by 3m) in the ho...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank kurien10
Sundsvall, Sweden
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Brommavik Hotel sits on a busy main road close to Bromma airport. It has a tiny car park with only 3 or 4 slots, and I don’t know where you might park otherwise.

A polite and cheerful receptionist made check-in easy and efficient. The reception area itself, with its wide grey carpet and dark doors, might say "understated Swedish elegance" to some, but to me it has all the charisma of an up-market fall-out shelter.

The room was clean and bright but rather small – enough room to manoeuver around the bed – with a single small window overlooking a city street and rather dismal buildings. It wasn’t the hotel’s fault that it was raining…

The bathroom was spotless, and the shower worked well. If there was an extractor fan it wasn’t obvious how to activate it.

The bed was comfortable and the room quiet.

Breakfast was in a large open dancehall-like space furnished and decorated in such lugubrious dark crimson as I have not seen since a night in a Communist Party hotel in Zagreb. More elegance, certainly, but to edge out of the gloom, guests clustered at tables near the few windows. A flat-screen TV over the buffet showed news, but fortunately it was muted. The buffet itself was excellent, but to my taste the coffee was rather horrid.

If you’re looking for a place near Bromma airport to shower and sleep in comfort for a night, this could be your hotel. I wouldn’t personally want to stay much longer, though – its location and the décor of its public spaces are too "understated elegance", or in my vocabulary, dispiriting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

...........Stayed for two nights. staff very friendly. Hotel was newly decorated and very clean. High quality fittings Excellent shower. There did not seem to be a restaurant but breakfast was very good.................

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Looked beautiful but had a bad sleep for both nights because it was so uncomfortable. The hotel and room were spotless and extremely well presented. There was an alarm lock going off for hours in the middle of the night in the next room and since it was unoccupied and the hotel is not staffed through the night there was no choice but to listen to it which was horrendous. A mixed experience!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Garymenzies1989
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Booked the biggest room the same day for my family of four, because we had technical problems with our boiler (our house is 15 min from the hotel).
The hotel is newly refurbished, very light, fresh and clean. The design is semi-classical scandinavian. The room was great and very comfortable with nice beds/ beddings for the 4 of us (my daughters are experts and would always feel the smallest pea in any mattress).
A problem is the free wireless: way to slow and simply downloading emails would take hours. This should be adressed if any business guests are targeted, even if it results in the service getting charged... Currently the service is useless.
We expected to eat at the restaurant, which showed to be closed that evening... Would have been nice to get that info on their website, but hey... We were recommended to go to a restaurant at walking distance, and off we went in the snow and blizzard. The recommended restaurant showed to be closed too, which happenned to be quite unpopular with our kids. Anyway, we finally found another restaurant further away but wished the staff from the hotel knew what places in the neighborhood are open and the ones that are closed. After all, the hotel is a bit isolated.
Back to the hotel and frozen, there was no hot water in our room... So much for fleeing a boiler problem in our home!
We were told by the receptionist that he would turn on the boiler at once (was it off when we checked in??). 45 min later, we still had no hot water and it was getting too late for the kids to take a bath.
Later that night, the room showed to be extremely warm, with no possibility to lower the temperature... So we had to open a window.
We came to the conclusion we were jinxed with boilers & the Brommavik hotel also had a crazy boiler!
Morning after, we did get hot water and could shower after all.
breakfast was nice with good choice.
All in all, this hotel is very nice, but should definitely address the issues I described above. If these issues remain, there are more competetive alternatives in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I selected this hotel because of its proximity to our offices in Solna, and I am very happy with my find. It is a very quiet (no queuing at breakfast !) place, and the staff is friendly. The rooms are very nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromma
Best Western Plus Sthlm Bromma
Park Inn by Radisson Solna
First Hotel Brommaplan
First Hotel Brommaplan
#7 of 11 in Bromma

Been to Brommavik Hotel? Share your experiences!