“"charming"”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my first visit to this Spanish restaurant hidden away from the busy strip of Maspalomas. The visitor will have to get a taxi to this lovely,charming place as it is very difficult to find.When you get there it will be worth it.The staff are very friendly and welcoming and are very attentive. On the night of my visit i had the rabbit and fresh vegetables, it was a delight.My partner had the local fish dish and again all very fresh and tasty. i would highly recommend this charming restaurant at all and i will be returning.

1  Thank Digby2012

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Gorgeous food, and perfect service. First meal in Gran Canaria and it's completely spoilt me. We had the octopus and canarian potatoes as a starters, with lamb cutlet and pork with caramelised apple and raisin marmalade as mains. All fantastic, but the octopus was a revelation - I've never had it so fresh or perfectly cooked. The lady who served us was charming, knowledgeable and attentive. If this was in London, I'd be going every week.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i went here for a romantic meal on the first night of our holiday in Maspalomas purely based on the trip advisor reviews. It didn't disappoint! We decided for something different and special to go with a fully authentic Canarian menu. Prior to starters the bread with dips of pork pâté and aioli were delicious, very tasty Canarian potatoes and fried cheese. My boyfriend went for the rabbit which we both loved (esp. being encouraged to use our hands, v.rustic lol!) I had the seafood hotpot and it was a heavenly cornucopia of flavours straight from the sea- exquisite! We went for an 'authentic dessert' on the chef's recommendation which we still have no idea what it was, it was a kind of corn mousse (it was sloppy and grey... so for the dessert aficionados out there might be advisable to skip and go with the chocolate brownie which is what I had.. ;-) ) The owner was a good character, place full of locals- we were the only tourists there which was a winning sign for us. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would definitely return. :-)

3  Thank JenniMcGinley
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Visited El Salsete on Tuesday the 23rd of July and had an amazing meal.

The service is excellent and the food to die for.

We ordered a selection on their Canarian Starters which were delicious, as mentioned before e portions are on the large side but don't let that stop you trying a few dishes, it's so reasonable compared to a lot of the tourist traps!

Main courses were out of this world again with 2 of our party ordering the daily special, 1 the hake fillet Hotpot (A-mazing) and the other the Cod au gratin which turned out the be the biggest fillet of cod all of us had ever seen, cooked to perfection.

As we wanted to try the deserts but due to the large quantity were a bit hesitant the waiter/owner offered to make a tasting platter for us with bits of each of their most popular deserts.

The Coconut Icecream was Devine and do not miss the deep fried bread/milk/honey! It sounds odd but was delicious

Would gladly return for another meal

3  Thank Travel-Mad-Otter
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Fresh and tasty homemade food in the Canarias style. Great service too.
Got there by taxi from Lopesan Hotels and was worth it!
Great for families, my kids loved the veal scalope!

3  Thank IPF3