The hotel is lovely especially the villas to which we were upgraded after a horrendous start to our holiday. The Riu hotel next door to this one was being completely refurbished and the wing where we were allocated our room through Thomsons faced onto massive building work. Reception told us to find another hotel when we complained. Half way through the holiday the wing was closed and the disruption from the building work was minimal around the pools and in the main hotel. Food was good and the area the hotel is in feels really safe and fairly up market. Would recommend hotel but not Thomson holidays who must have been aware of building work before our stay. Compensation does not alter a spoiled vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Maspalomas. Next to the sea and near El Faro. 3-Storey main building and 1-storey villas, surrounded by a 40,000 m2 garden with access to the beachfront promenade. Colonial-style architecture. 800 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria