Just returned from our 2nd break and once again a fabulous experience. The staff really do make this hotel stand out from the crowd. Food was excellent, lots of choices and plentiful, whether it was at breakfast or dinner in the evening. We also found the bar and pool bar prices comparible with local bars.
We were in one of the villas in the grounds and our only negative was a few cockroaches that found there way into the villa. To be fair, our rep was immediately on the case and the hotel acted very quickly treating the rooms and leaving us a tin of spray but for us it did take the edge off what was otherwise a lovely holiday.
This hotel has a certain opulence about it and the features in the plush reception area follow through into all the public areas. The wood finishes are detailed and decorative and are a feature thoughout the hotel and villas. In places they are a little tired but we very much hope the hotel does not lose that opulence and character once the refit is complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Maspalomas. Next to the sea and near El Faro. 3-Storey main building and 1-storey villas, surrounded by a 40,000 m2 garden with access to the beachfront promenade. Colonial-style architecture. 800 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria