Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Cordial Green Golf(Maspalomas)
2,725 results
All reviewsanimation teamsenior suitemain poolfive poolsmini clubpool barhalf boardgran canariafamily holidayevening entertainmentnature reserveyoung familiesgreat resortall inclusive packagelarge bathroomgreat holidaycourtesy bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is pleasant enough. What I am going to place here I hope is helpful it is honestly truthful.

Good points:

Rooms are well presented and spacious
Bathroom spacious and clean
Maids clean everyday
Food is hot and plentiful
Pool area is cleaned daily including the sunbeds
lEntertainment team are excellent and friendly

Room for improvement:

Whilst the food is hot there are odd combinations such as a roast joint but not a lot to put with it unless you want salad all the time
A lot of the staff do not talk or understand English
Some of staff are not friendly or helpful
Maitre D is really unfriendly with no greeting whatsoever in the whole week we were there!
Hotel 10 mins walk to town centre but through an underdeveloped piece of land where the local lads hang about late at night, not very reassuring walking back to hotel.
TV - whilst you don't go on holiday to watch tv, it is nice to be able to watch something but the only English channels available as usual are Sky news and CNN but other natonalities have them.
Sunbeds - there isn't a lot of room around pool area for these unless you want to be sitting on top of each other, don't know what they do in the height of summer!
The Bungalows are just a walk through on the other side but whether you are the Suites are allowed to use their facilities I don't know because we weren't given any information on it.
Beware the AI policy finishes at noon when you have to check out. they will give you a voucher for lunch but if you want any further drinks you have to pay for them!! not good never ever had this before, usually AI finishes when you leave!
Charge for safe even though you are AI

Room Tip: Ask for room in block 700 or 800 if you would like to be near the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 3boys
Dunashotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear guest,

We thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback about your stay in our resort.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the rooms, the cleanliness, the food and the pools. With pleasure we will forward your praises to our entertainment team.

We always look for ways to better our service and therefore your opinion is very important to us and we will take your suggestions for improvement into consideration.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Dunas Suites & Villas Resort.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit to Dunas Suites. We went in October 2012 and had a great holiday so this year our expectations were high and we weren't disappointed. Again the holiday was excellent. First class service from the moment you arrive. The rooms or suites to give them their official title are excellent. Suites are very large and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Maid service with clean towels everyday. Restaurant was excellent with a plentiful supply of good quality food. Bars were very good especially the Pool Bar and I'd like to single our Mederos (apologies for my spelling) the barman for such great service. This hotel has a multi national clientele so don't expect it to be 'Brits Abroad' as its majority Spanish with an equal share of Brits, French, Germans and Dutch to name a few. Pool was very good with a plentiful supply of sun loungers until more Brits arrived and the towel nonsense started but despite this there are still loads available even late morning. The Animation Team were outstanding this year. My 6 year old son had an amazing time and has a new hero in 'Flori' who was such a really nice guy. Their enthusiasm and dedication to their guests put others hotels to shame. The evening shows were outstanding. In conclusion an excellent 4 star hotel. Will be back again next October.

Room Tip: All suites are the same
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Iain1692
Dunashotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read your personal review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent holidays at Dunas Suites & Villas Resort.

We are truly pleased to hear that you felt comfortable from the very beginning and that you fully enjoyed the suites, the food, the service and the pools. Furthermore it’s nice to read that you enjoyed especially the entertainment program. Also thank you for your nice words about our staff, we already passed on your comments to them.

Once again, we want to take the opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us and do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Guest relations

Reviewed 20 October 2013

just returned from Dunas Suites with my family and to be honest was expecting a bit more than we got .the service in the restaurant and bars was good but the flavour of the food was poor and we felt the quality of the drinks were also very poor .We have done quite a few all inclusives in the Canaries as this one was our least favourite .A very big plus for the hotel was the Animation team who were very friendly and hard working. In general the staff were pleasant but beware of the grumpy man at reception.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gordon d
Dunashotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Gordon,

we thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback about your stay in our resort. All the comments, which we receive from our guests, are helping us to improve our service and offer.

First of all we wish to thank you for your nice comments about our staff and entertainment team.

We were surprised to read that quality and variety of the menus and drinks were not to your entire satisfaction, because we always do our best to maintain a very high standard.

We would be more than happy to have another possibility to convince you of our 4 star services and remain

with kind regards

Guest relations

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I am currently writing this review from the terrace of the Dunas Don Gregory hotel in the neighbouring resort of St Augustin. Unfortunately not somewhere I want to be, as the resort is grubby and certainly not comparable to the beautiful melonares strand.
I decided a few weeks ago to take a short winter break away, 5 days only and knew that I would go to GC, my usual destination. Normally I would stay in the stunning Lopesan Costa Melonares Hotel but unfortunately they were already fully booked. So as an alternative I booked the Dunas suites. I have stayed there previously on two occasions and although not a luxury property it met and fulfilled my requirements. What a mistake!!!
My travelling companion on this trip is my 17 year old nephew who has never been on holiday before and is just coming through the final stages of a 3 year battle with cancer, so he was well up for a nice stress free hassle free breakaway too.

The saga begins on my way to the airport when I received a call from alpha rooms to say that the Dunas suites were having overbooking problems, they didn't have a room for me and I was being moved to the DonGregory in the neighbouring resort. I objected emmediately because having stayed in GC every year I knew where I wanted to go. I was offered to accept the move with some compensation like a free safety deposit box!! JOKE, cancel the booking or perhaps call the hotel directly to see if I could get a room. I asked alpha rooms to check alternative options for me however their booking system does not allow for same day arrivals so I was stuck. They did however ring the Sheraton hotel and had the option there for me to book direct, at double the price of my original booking. I chose to ring Dunas suites directly to explain the situation and spoke to a gentleman called Alberto who after a second call back assured me actually it was ok and to come straight to the hotel.
At this point I was now in the airport and ready to travel. On arrival in GC I took a taxi straight to the Suites Hotel. And surprise surprise. No room. It was 10 at night and unfortunately after trying myself to find an alternative to the situation all of which all were full. And speaking to alpha rooms emergency number. No help! I had no option but to accept their offer to stay at the dongregory for 1 night while they tried to get me a room.
I had to get a taxi at my own expense to the alternative property. And when I arrived I knew straight away I did not want to spend my holiday in this run down area of the island.
On Sunday morning I spoke to the manager of Don Gregory who had put me in a ground floor room not very nice at all if I'm honest. And she informed me that because it was Sunday there was no alternative accommodation back in the suites and if I wanted to move I would have to wait until Monday.
At noon today I went back to reception to arrange the move and was met with a very concerned looking head receptionists who said she would check and would call me back.

Whilst writing this update I have now received that call. And guess what. No rooms!! I have been messed about, stressed out and wasted far to much time of what is only a very short break, I was asked to pay for the wifi in order to write this review, although after a few words the receptionist soon saw the error of that request and gave me access gratis.

To date the best offer of compensation offered has been free wifi and a safe deposit box. The sum total of 16 euro. Dunas is this really the best you can do?

I feel my wallet has been well and truly raped. I would certainly not choose to stay in this part of the island. And I will not be staying with you ever again. Your staff have been friendly but not very helpful given the situation. You gave me false hope on 4 occasions of rectifying the situation only to be let down over and over again

I will update the review if the situation is rectified to my satisfaction.
My advice though is book the Lopesan. Clearly Dunas cannot be trusted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Glen C

Dear Glen,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at your last visit to the Canary Islands.

We apologize for the trouble caused on your arrival because of the delay in the renovation of rooms at Dunas Suites &Villas Resort. We informed the travel agency about the incident and offered the Dunas Don Gregory as alternative. The Dunas Don Gregory is much appreciated by many repeaters, because of the situation and the good gastronomy.

Hoping that you would give us another chance in the future to show you that the troubles suffered are really unusual and that we can offer you a comfortable and relaxing holiday from the beginning throughout your stay,

With kind regards

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have only discovered trip advisor thankfully I can comment and perhaps receive a reply from the hotel. We have stayed here a number of times for convenience but not anymore. I always fill in the hotel forms but never receive a reply from the hotel. I asked a number of times why there is no uk/irish tv channels as there seems to be german french Italian Dutch & Spanish tv. Any hotel I go to in mainland Europe I always avail of uk tv. I was only half board after dinner one night I went into the bar and asked for tea presuming it was free. I didn't know what Half board meant...presuming like any hotel tea is free with half board. The waitress at the bar asked for 3 euros I said no then she poured the tea with delight down the sink. Not very professional from a 4 star hotel. Btw still waiting on all my replies from this hotel on their questionnaire.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jim S
Dunashotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Jim,

we are really sorry to read that you are disappointed with your stay at Dunas Suites & Villas Resort in November last year.

Your suggestions and comments are very much appreciated, as we are always interested to improve our service and satisfy the demands of our guests. Please understand that we can´t answer all the suggestions we receive, as these forms are anonymous. We kindly ask you to get in contact with our public relations department, if you have any questions we will remain at your disposal (atencion_clientes@hotelesdunas.com).

Regarding your comment about the TV channels we would like to point out, that we will improve this service in the next future.

Furthermore we would emphasize that half board doesn’t include drinks during dinner or in our bars. The guests have the possibility to order a kettle for their room or to book a room with kitchenette.

We hope that you will give us in future another opportunity to provide you the excellent and professional service our hotel is known for, because we would really look forward to welcome you again as guests in our resort.

Best regards,