This was a very good hotel, not what I would call 5 star more like a 4 star. The public areas and our room were spotlessly clean. Towels, shampoo, shower gel and soap were replaced daily. Water was only supplied free in the bedroom on the basis of 2 small bottles daily. Because of the size of the hotel everything is a good walk. If you have trouble walking this may not be the hotel for you.
All the staff we came into contact with were helpful, friendly and cheerful. Most seemed to be multi lingual, switching easily between Spanish, German, English and French. The management were around the restaurant, and bar area most of the day and night and did their best to speak to everyone.
The food was excellent but limited in choice on those nights that there was no BBQ. Having said that I have dietary needs and was asked to tell the staff in the morning what I would like for dinner and the chef specially prepared my meal tailored to my requirements. Breakfast was buffet style with freshly cooked eggs, and plenty of choice.
The BBQ was not what I would call BBQ. It was buffet style food with plenty of choice, but the meat joints were roasted. Beef steaks, kebabs, chicken breasts and several types of fish were cooked to your taste on griddles while you waited. I was quite happy with this but if you expected BBQ you could be disappointed. All the food available was of the highest standard and all freshly prepared.
The entertainment was as you would expect. It was varied and was of an acceptable standard. I was worried that a 3 piece band a few feet from where we were eating was going to be intrusive but that was not the case.
There were plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, although they were very close together and offered no privacy. We stayed at a quieter time of the year. I am not sure that in summer there would be enough beds for everyone. The "Restful pool area" was ideal as no children under 14 were allowed in the area or pool. Great if you have no kids of your own and just want to chill.
If you are night owls liking an active nightlife this hotel and area is not for you. The hotel bar closed at around 11.00pm as did the bars within walking distance. We were told the day before we left that the Pool bar should stay open until 12.00 but we had the lights turned out on us 3 times before 11.00pm and ended up taking our drinks to our room.
While we enjoyed our holiday and find it very hard to fault the hotel I did not like the area and would probably return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria