“Just excellent.”

Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia
Ranked #1 of 217 Hotels in Maspalomas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Like paradise. Food. Service. Everything.
We are just staying in this fantastic seaside hotel. Wonderful garden. Wonderful restaurant. L Occitane products in the bathroom. A wonderful place to spent a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank christah217
Robert H, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Christa,

Thank you for having chosen the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia for your holidays on Gran Canaria.

It is a pleasure to read that you are enjoying your stay with us and that everything is to your liking. To offer the highest standard in service and food & beverage are only two of the Seaside Hotels main objectives and we are happy that we have met your expectations.

Thank you and keep enjoying your “wonderful holidays in paradise”!

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I agree with previous reviews that food is very good, staff are polite and courteous and bedrooms are spacious and well maintained with everything you might require including an umbrella and long handle shoe horn. Fruit, tea, coffee and water are delivered to the room each day. The public rooms are not as elegant as I had expected and the restaurant (especially the inside one) is cramped with many tables close together. The entrance is not very imposing and is shared with an apartment building. Service is generally good but in the evening this can be quite hectic in the restaurant. I prefered the waiter service to the twice weekly barbeques and particularly enjoyed the soups and desserts.
Sunbeds are comfortable with plenty of umbrellas providing shade. It is sad to say that reserving of beds is very common, although there are always many beds to choose from. Many reserved beds are left unoccupied until the aftrernoon. My belongings were moved off a bed by the pool attendant when I went to reception to seek assistance when another guest approached me to advise that he had paid a sum of money to use that particular bed!!
I enjoy keeping fit on holiday and although the gym is very small, the equipment is sufficient for most types of exercise. I also used the Thalasso pool each day, but again it is small but most days I was able to gauge it so that I was either alone or with only a few people. Although I always use the sauna, steam room etc facilities on holiday, I did not on this occasion. The area is mixed gender and the hotels preference is for naked use. There are no notices to this effect and I and other brits shared the view that this is distasteful and unpleasant in a hotel environment with many different nationalities and cultures..
The hotel is surrounded on three sides by waste land and they have done a good job in disguising this with the use of fences and hedging. For me the experience was disappointing and is certainly not worthy of the 5starGL rating.

Room Tip: I preferred none pool room which are more private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank travelledmuch
Robert H, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for having stayed at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia and for having shared your experiences on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your nice comments about the staff, the food and the hotel rooms.

I regret that we did not meet your taste in regards to the design of the hotel entrance and the restaurant inside and your disappointment about some of our facilities.

We always provide plenty of sun beds for all guests in-house so there is indeed no need to reserve one. We ask the guests not to reserve, unfortunately some guest do so anyways. I will speak to the pool attendants regarding the incident with your sun bed and apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to hygiene reasons we decided to make the sauna a traditional “nude sauna”, which is stated on the sign next to the sauna. However we ask our guests to use towels. The guests are also welcome to use the sauna during other times than the “sauna hours” in the late afternoon to have more privacy.

Let me elaborate a little bit on the hotel standards in Spain to clarify the ratings. The 5* Gran Lujo rating is an official rating in Spain and the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia is the only 5* Gran Lujo hotel on Gran Canaria. The standards of a 5* Gran Lujo hotel are first of all standards of outstanding high quality and exceptional personalized guest service accompanied by certain standards as room size, offer of a spa, twice daily maid etc.

Again, we thank you for having stayed with us and we hope anyways to welcome you back at our property.

Best regards from Maspalomas

Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I have been travelling to the Canaries for many years and never found a
good rated hotel with "good food" Found it what a delightful place - such wonderful staff, beautiful decor and best of all the food it was 5* plus. We are heading back in October and can't wait.

Mrs S Wadsworth (Jersey)

Room Tip: All the rooms are delightful in beautiful settings
6  Thank waddy48
Robert H, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Mrs Wadsworth,

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to receive such lovely comments and are very happy that you finally found “your hotel” on Gran Canaria. Personalized service and the highest quality of food are our main focus and we are pleased that we have met all your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My partner and I just returned from a glorious 5 night stay at this property, which we were guests at 7 years ago on our last visit to Gran Canaria. We had high expectations on our return to the hotel and I must say the hotel delivered in every respect. The grounds are immaculate (the hotel and grounds are spotless), the service impeccable (staff remember your name, your drink, your food preference…all the right things), the food delicious (I cannot say enough for the variety, quality and service in the restaurant, be sure to book your stay for Wed, or Sun night Bar-B-Que). We booked through Leading Hotels of the World and were upgraded to a Junior Suite (room 248) facing the pool (would highly recommend facing the pool), which had great afternoon sun on our patio. The clientele of the hotel was mainly older, established Europeans (many Germans & English), which was just perfect for us as we wanted a quiet relaxing week in the sun. Apparently the property has very few American guest (perhaps too far to go?), which is surprising as it was an easy flight ATL-MAD-LPA. The hotel’s proximity to the dunes of Maspalomas is very convenient if you want visit to the beach (less than 10 min walk) or the shops along the promenade (15-20 min walk).

I cannot say enough about the property…if you are planning a visit to Gran Canaria, The Grand Hotel Residencia is “the” place to stay. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful relaxing vacation…we’ll be back.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the pool for morning or afternoon sun on your patio.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank johnkel1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed with us again. We highly appreciate your comments on Tripadvisor – it is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

The focus at Seaside Grand Hotel Residenica, as well as at the other properties of the Seaside Chain, is personalized guest service and a high quality offer of food and beverage. We are happy that you enjoyed both. Gran Canaria is such a beautiful island and we would love to welcome more guests from the US.

I have shared your comments with our team, which was very encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and the Seaside Group, we continuously strive to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our guests.

Thank you again for publishing a review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I must start my review by saying thank you to all of the staff at the hotel. Whether I was dealing with the management, the reception desk, the restaurant, the pool staff, the cleaning staff, or the woman who made my morning omelette, everyone was friendly, engaging, and professional. I have never experiences such a superb level of service at any other hotel.
As others have mentioned the hotel is a beautiful oasis on an island know for its hot sunny weather. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but it is worth every penny for those who can afford to stay there. The guests tend to be older affluent Europeans so this is not a hotel for those looking for a busy nightlife or amusements for the kids. The pool, the rooms, and the grounds were all clean and well tended. It was clear that a lot of thought had gone into ensuring that every guest enjoyed their stay, which explains why many of the guests that we met visit every year.
The half-board plan is a great option. The restaurant is on the second floor overlooking the pool and the mountains in the background. Most of the time we ate on the outdoor patio unless it was too chilly in the evening. The breakfast buffet had everything imaginable available – lots of fresh fruits, meats, fish, cereals, breads, etc. – all top quality. The hot options were prepared to order and delivered to your table rather than sitting in a sitting in a steam table all morning. Dinners under the half board plan were four courses with a variety of options for each course. It was also possible to substitute courses from ala carte menu (sometimes with a supplement) if preferred. The wines were reasonably priced and there was a large selection of local wines from the islands and wines from around the world. On barbeque nights there is a large buffet featuring several meat and seafood selections that are barbequed for you. There was also freshly made pasta, an antipasti selection, hot vegetables, salads and more. Overall the food was best value at the resort.
We stayed in a large poolside room that got the morning sun. It was nice to enjoy our morning coffee and fresh fruit (provided in every room) sitting by the pool watching the morning scramble for deck chairs. It always bothers me at any resort hotel when the guests reserve lounge chairs by setting books and towels on them and then disappear for hours. I can’t blame the hotel for this practice, especially since there were ample chairs for everyone throughout the day. It wasn’t necessary to reserve a spot by the pool, but it some people do it out of habit.
I thought almost everything about the hotel was perfect, but I was disappointed that my decaffeinated coffee was instant and not brewed. Also, as the hotel has a lot of lush vegetation, it attracts a lot of birds. I think the English translation of Maspalomas means “many pigeons” and there were indeed a lot of pigeons by the pool and sitting on the edge of the pool. I’m sure some guests are bird lovers, but I am not a pigeon lover and would have preferred if there were measures taken to reduce their numbers.
Overall this was one of the best hotels that I have visited and I can’t wait to go back for another week next year.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our poolside room.
6  Thank Wimsey
Robert H, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear guests,

First of all, thank you very much for having stayed with us and for sharing your Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia experience on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure and a great motivation for the team to receive such rave reviews! As you stated the hotel is designed for travellers who like to spend their holidays in a small hotel with a highly personalized service where they can completely unwind and enjoy the beautiful garden and the pool and relax on the terraces while enjoying dinner prepared by our chef, Wolfgang Grobauer. Apart from the guest service, food & beverage is our main focus at Seaside Hotels.

I agree, there is no need to reserve lounge chairs, since there are plenty available. In regards to the pigeons, please be assured that all possible actions are taken to reduce the number around the pool area. However, since we only apply natural measures, the effect is not immediate.

Thank you again for rating us "best hotel ever" and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We have been several times in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and professional . Beautiful rooms, . Delicious food. Nice poolbar and excellent breakfast and diner served at your table. Near by the beach of Maspalomas.

Room Tip: Even the standardrooms are very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rudy2980

Dear guests,

Thank you for again having chosen Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia during your recent holidays on the beautiful island of Gran Canaria and thank you for being such loyal guests.

Since we always strive to meet and exceed our guest's expectations it is a pleasure to learn that we are on the right track and that your holidays were delightful in all respects.

Once again we wish to thank you for your review and are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We had a wonderfully relaxing stay at The Residencia. The hotel has a team of very friendly and helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble. Food was fantastic. The BBQ's are amazing. We had fresh roses, a bowl of fresh fruit and scummy chocolates by the bed every day. Music was provided each evening. The gardens are extremely well kept as is the pool area. We would have no hesitation in recommending the Residencia for a fantastically peaceful and relaxing holiday in the sun. The Maspalomas area is great for strolling and shopping. We didn't hire a car as the bus station is nearby, as are taxis.

3  Thank 528Maggie12
Robert H, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia for your recent stay in Gran Canaria.

It is always a pleasure to read such fantastic comments and we are glad that you were satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our hotel and team.

We continuously strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and our main focus is on our guest’s well-being as well as the quality of the food, which is only one of the highlights of the day. Thank you for mentioning the good work of our team and rest assured that I shared your comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia.

Warm regards from Maspalomas,

General Manager Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Seaside Palm Beach
#5 of 19 in San Agustin
Marina Suites
Marina Suites
#2 of 67 in Puerto Rico

Been to Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia? Share your experiences!