The fact this was our fourth stay at Green Golf says a lot for this review.
These colourful apartments are graded three *** star which is about right. These are two floor apartments that will sleep two adults plus a child or teenager. The bedroom and bathroom are upstairs and have balcony views of the pools and gardens. The lounge and kitchen area is on the ground floor. The kitchen provides facilities for breakfast and light lunches for three, but more elaborate meals might be a challenge. There is a two ring hob but no oven or microwave, but there is a small fridge. There is no electric kettle either, although there is a conventional kettle and an electric filter coffee machine.
The pool, grounds and buildings are all kept in good repair, and it is a delight to sit around the pool area or gardens. The interiors are kept in good order, although there are a few suitcase scuff marks and some of the bathroom maintenance is a little DIY standard in places. Having said that everything works fine, lots of hot water for showers, cleaning materials are provided and maid service is frequent and efficient.
There is a room safe which cost €13 a week.
Not all apartments are the same size, the eastern end has slightly bigger bedrooms. There is no heating or a/c but there is a ceiling fan. It wasn't too warm when we were there this time, but the room wasn't especially cold. Gran Canaria has a very mild climate 18c to 28c is typical over the year. We saw 18c-22c in Feb.
There is a bar and restaurant but as we go self catering I can't comment on the food choice or quality, but both were busy whilst we were there. There is free WiFi but you can only really use it around the pool area and the best location is by the pool tables near the bar. I could get WiFi but the broadband capacity is poor as far as I can see.
The location is far enough from main roads so you don't get traffic noise but close enough to easily walk and catch a Taxi. The complex backs on to a gold course too. There is a frequent free bus service from outside the reception to Playa del Ingles or Maspalomas during the day. A Taxi to El Faro cost two of us €3.50 and takes 5 minutes.
There is a small supermarket on site which carries all the usual stuff, the bread goes quickly in the morning however. 10 minutes walk away is a bigger shopping centre with a well stocked supermarket, bars and restaurants (Faro II centre) Whilst this shouldn't put you off Green Golf, this shopping centre was largely closed on the upper levels, but this could be because it was early in the season. The facilities that are open are fine.
Overall for a three star apartment experience Green Golf is great, which is why we keep going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the golf course of Maspalomas, 2km from the spectacular Dunes of Maspalomas and only some minutes to the Shopping Centre Faro 2. Free shuttle bus offered to the beach of Maspalomas and the centre of Playa del Ingles various times per day. Golf and Tennis facilities nearby (on charge)250 bungalows with one bedroom and 16 bungalows with two separate bedrooms completely renovated in duplex style. All consist of lounge with sofa-bed, telephone, ceiling-fans in living- and bedroom, safe and Sat-TV (both for rent), kitchenette with fridge, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, bathroom and furnished terrace.Poolside snack bar and restaurant "a la carte" with terrace. Half board consists of breakfast and dinner buffet with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. Further Facilities:2 extensive pools (one heated during winter season from Nov. To March); Seperated children`s pool and children's playground; Large sun terraces with sun beds free of charge; Minimarket; Animation for children, entertainment and live music several times a week; Internet corner on suplement and WiFi free of charge in public areas of the complex; Cordial Green Golf was completely renovated in Summer 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Green Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Green Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Green Golf Apartments
- Cordial Green Golf Maspalomas, Gran Canaria