We have stayed at several hotels on Gran Canaria over the years, but this is definitely the best so far. The hotel is beautiful and the design and layout is very contemporary and trendy. We payed extra for a room with sea view which is worth the money. The room was big and spacious with a large balcony and great ocean views. The location of the hotel is a little remote, but we didn't mind, and if you have done your research you will know this.
One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was because the food is supposed to be excellent here. And it was. We were on all inclusive which included breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and also snacks in the pool bar during day time. The food was fresh and tasty and always kept warm. If something was empty, it was replaced within minutes. Dinner had a huge selection of pasta stations, grill stations, fish, meats, international cuisines, and it was the the largest selection I have ever seen I think. We loved the fact that there was candy for desserts some days (candy canes, marshmallows etc), chocolate fountains and so many creative desserts. Also a big selection of fresh fruits.
There are two pools, one infinity pool (adults only) and the main pool. A little tip: the adult only pool was absolutely packed every single day. We therefore opted for the main pool which is so big and spread over a large area so that you get a lot more privacy. It was never crowded, and you are not lying on top of your neighbor. Much better than the infinity pool. There are also double beds for couples by the main pool. You have to be there around 10 to get one. This is the first hotel I have encountered that actively practice the rule of "no reservation of sunbeds". Many times we saw the pool guards removing people's stuff if they had not been on their beds for 30 minutes or so (except for lunch time). This means that reservations of sunbeds is hard to do, and it's easier to find available beds all day long. Thumbs up! If only more hotels would be stricter with this, so all the sunbeds are not reserved by 8 AM!
For us, everything about the hotel was excellent. The only reason I give the hotel 4 stars, and not 5, is that both pools were freezing cold in late March. Hardly anyone went for a swim, especially in the main pool, as you can risk a heart attack when you jump in. The water is so cold that it hurts to swim. The adult only pool is supposed to be heated (main pool is not), but it was maybe 1 degree warmer if that. Hardly noticed any difference. With such gorgeous pools, it's truly a sin that it's too cold to enjoy them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Playa Meloneras Palace is located in Meloneras, in the south of Gran Canaria, an excellent location in a quiet seafront area next to some of the island's exclusive golf courses. Its recently refurbished rooms, new Chill-Out terrace with sea views, manicured gardens and Despacio Spa Centre give this hotel its special charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Playa Meloneras Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
- Playa Meloneras Palace
- Gran Canaria Meloneras
- Meloneras Palace