This was our first visit to Gran Canaria and we were very pleased with our selection of this hotel. Despite some previous poor comments we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. OK on occaison one or two staff may have been a little curt , but that was probably a reflection on how busy they were. The food for breakfast and dinner was buffet style as is the norm and was of a high standard with a very good selection on offer plus very good freshly cooked food from the show cook chef. We had a room on the fifth floor with a very good sea and pool view. It is advisable to pay for a sea view and to make sure you get floors 5 , 6 or 7. The room was fairly large and was kept very clean by the friendly maids who were always putting sweets or chocolates in the room.
At first the layout of the hotel may seem quite confusing but is logically layed out with all guest services in the central atrium of the hotel.
The location of the hotel is superb and it is only a shortish walk to shops and restaurants at Maspolomas and the Lighthouse. We didnt try any other restaurants as the hotel food was so good , but there was a good selection to choose from. Do go for a walk on the dunes and along the sea shore as it is very relaxing , but watch out for the nudists in abundance !
There are several bars and restaurants and supermarkets on playa meloneras beach , just below the hotel and mostly they looked fine , but beware of the Casa Serafin restaurant as we stopped for a drink there and the young waiter tried the old scam of 'forgetting' to give us our change and we had to ask several times and get quite annoyed. This scam is quite common so be aware. The only minor gripes we had was that the evening entertainment was pretty poor , as it nearly always is in these hotels. The coffee served for breakfast was also pretty poor. My wife also says that the lighting in the room was inadequate at night for doing the things that ladies do !
In conclusion we enjoyed our visit to this hotel and would/will return again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Playa Meloneras Palace is located in Meloneras, in the south of Gran Canaria, an excellent location in a quiet seafront area next to some of the island's exclusive golf courses. Its recently refurbished rooms, new Chill-Out terrace with sea views, manicured gardens and Despacio Spa Centre give this hotel its special charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your H10 Playa Meloneras Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
- Playa Meloneras Palace
- Gran Canaria Meloneras
- Meloneras Palace