We reserved this hotel merely for its location to our time-share next door. If we knew of the standards of this hotel we would perhaps have tried to reserve couple extra nights from our hotel. Little did we know about all-inclusive... I read some reviews here that were in the end spot on.
Most people seemed to be after food and drink more than just stay in the hotel and enjoy the surrounding island. People kept carrying drinks from restaurant and pool to various areas of the hotel which wasn't exactly what there was suggested by the hotel staff. Poolside was crowded with towels in the morning despite the rules.
Hint for the meals/drinks: take the fish/chicken that is grilled by staff and then fill the rest of your plate with veggies/salad. Eat salad with fish by the pool. Don't bother the hotdogs/burgers/fries.
Drink Beer/sangria/coffee...the rest is of no quality.
When we arrived there was really helpful receptionist named FRANZISKA, she's the best. She knows language and her service is the best in this hotel. Our room did not have remote for the TV - went to reception and remarked this. What I would have expected was since there was no replacement unit was that they should have offered something IMMEDIATELY in return like 24h WiFi. Later that night we received replacement remote but only after dinner.
We asked reception help for traveling to airport since we did not book with an agent. They guided me around the corner in the lobby to the agency-representatives that guided me back to the reception. The manager and the next supervisor were of no help ---no service here. The reception person (female) did not even have decent answer....did not know english sufficiently.
What I would have recommended in improvement was that they should have bus routes and taxi fares available at hand to help the customer.
With all the info I now have I would certainly not come back. This was once in a lifetime experience with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria