“Touch of Indonesia”
Review of Restaurante Bali - CLOSED

Restaurante Bali
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Bali is famous for it,s Indonesian Ricetable where you can try a several dishes of the Indonesian Kitchen with different spices and flavors. We have also a selection of dishes with Ducks, Chicken, Pork, Beef and Vegetables. Nice atmosphere, a warm and attentive service which dedicate their attention to make you feel comfortable and enjoyable the stay with us.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We really enjoyed our rijsttafel at Bali Fusion. Every time we visit Gran Canaria, we make it a point to have dinner at Bali and it never disappoints. The chef is Indonesian, his wife is Dutch and the waiter is half Balinese, half Canarian. Can't get much better outside of Indonesia I Guess.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Bali

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food was amazing and a great value for the price. The menu offered extensive meals for one person up to a 17 dish offering for 2 or more persons.

The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere was relaxing. I have been back several times since my first visit and I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went as a family, Mum, Dad, two children, 15 and 13. We had a mixed experience. The atmosphere was fine, the portion sizes were adequate, our two children both had very nice duck dishes but my steak and my wife's nasi goreng were bland, tasteless and over priced. The drinks were local brands but you were charged more than for something you would pay for the worldwide companies e.g. coca-cola. One course plus to drinks each cost nearly £100. I have had a lot better for less.

1  Thank Amanda M
Bali Luis M, Director General at Restaurante Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Sir thanks to give your opinion about our restaurant in Trip Advisor. We are very surprised about your comments about the Nasi Goreng and the Steak cause we always ask to our. Coustomer about the satisfaction with the food they ordered when they are eating in our restaurant to have the oportunity to change something if they are not satisfied with the order, We are so sorry you were not satisfied with our service. Hope you have a nice day and thanks again for your opinion.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been visiting Bali for many years, and have only just realised that I have never actually placed a review before.
They were based in Playa del Inglés before moving to Meloneras, but the food quality has remained consistently high and is, if anything, even better than before.
I have to confess that EVERY time I've visited, I have always had exactly the same meal. It's a "taster menu" style meal with about 15-20 small dishes, allowing the ability to sample as many tastes of Indonesia as possible. It's always delicious - fresh and very tasty.
The surroundings are very pleasant, with the choice of eating inside or out on the terrace.
The pricing is perfectly acceptable, and the service is adequate.
There used to be a waiter in the old location who was very friendly and always tried to be a joker. Sadly, he appears to have gone as I haven't seen him at the Meloeras restaurant - shame, because the team here are not overly friendly. My most recent visit was in May, and they're efficient but not very welcoming.
Regardless of the service, the food is so great, so I will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have been visiting Gran Canaria for years and always dine at this restaurant when we are there. We find there is a good selection of dishes to suit us vegetarians and always enjoy the food.

If you can get a table on the open balcony the view is really good and the fresh air is so nice and enhances the whole experience. We have always found the staff friendly with good service and prices are pretty reasonable too.