The reception staff at Koala Gardens are friendly and will help you as much as they can and the majority of them spoke very good English. The rooms are lovely and spacious and we found that we had plenty of room for the two of us, and although we were in the main zone, most of the time it was still nice and quiet, other than weekends when locals obviously came to stay, but even then it was bareable. The rooms were pretty clean, we had the odd sewage smell that came from the bathroom and sometimes the bedsheets had little marks on them, but nothing major.
LOVE Steve from the animation team. He is a lovely guy who spoke English very well and made us feel welcome as soon as we got to the resort. He gave us free vouchers for Holiday World and recommended particular places of interest which was really helpful, and in the first week he added something to our holiday. Unfortunately, he went on holiday himself in our second week, and the other member of the animation team seemed to discriminate the English and one time we found she'd hidden a show around a corner and told limited guests about it, which we were not impressed about but we were not particularly bothered about the entertainment because we went on our holiday to explore and went to the many shopping centres around the area in the evenings instead.
However, food wasn't particularly great. Breakfast was okay, although I found that they did not cater for vegetarians. I was limited a lot with both breakfast and dinner and often found it frustrating because most of the time I had the choice of one fish or nothing, as I only eat fish, and the fish was the same most nights. Even my boyfriend who eats meat doesn't know what meat he ate a lot of the time and didn't really rate the food. Whilst there, an English family approached us about the food and we all agreed that whether you ate meat or not, the quality and choice was not something you could rate. However, food in Gran Canaria is cheap and I would recommend this resort, but maybe people should go self catering instead.
Koala Gardens is in a good area and although Holiday World is the only place within walking distance, taxi fayres are extremely cheap and we got to places we wanted to go to via cab because of this.
Overall, other than the food, our holiday was lovely but if we decided to go back again, we'd definitely make sure we went self catering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos THe Koala Garden Suites is located 2 kilometers away from the sea and near the golf course in Maspalomas. In an ideal surrounding for your family vacation, Apartamentos THe Koala Garden Suites offers comfort and service. It features spacious and luminous apartments, which dispose of air conditioning and the equipment you need for your vacation. A shopping center and an amusement park are close to the complex; you will also find a wide offer in further entertainment and relaxing activities nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your smartline Koala Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koala Garden Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Maspalomas
- Smartline Koala Garden Maspalomas, Gran Canaria