“Absolutely Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I very rarely leave reviews, unless they surpass my expectations, and this accomodation certainly did. I chose this resort for a week for my honeymoon for my partner and myself. I booked direct with Antonio the manager and explained that it was for a special occasion, the bill was paid and I quickly received email confirmations etc about my stay. I did explain that we wouldn't be arriving till around 9:30pm, but this wasn't a problem.

On arrival we were very warmly greeted by Sam and was offered a drink whilst we completed the formalities of booking in. We were then shown to our bungalow and everything was explained us including the use of the airconditioning, safe and what equipment etc the bungalow offered. We were then shown to our bedroom where Adrian ( Antonios Husband ) had provided a welcome surprise for us, towels sculptured into two swans, face to face in a heart shape, along with a box of chocolates and champagne (Cava) in the fridge. This was totally unexpected and meant so much to us that someone had taken care to do this for us. A real personal touch.

The bungalow was spacious and had everything you could wish for, a great big comfy bed which is rare in bungalows in Gran Canaria, believe me, lots of wardrobe and drawer space along with and iron and iron board. Even small details such as washing up liquid and dish cloth, soap and shampoo and shower gel, corkscrew, all provided. It was also a welcome surprise to see a kettle included along with a Tassimo coffee maker. ( T discs can be brought on site or from one of the big supermarkets we found)

The complex itself was spotlessly clean, as were the bungalows, it incuded nice comfy sunloungers round the pool, a hot jacuzzi and even a sauna which we used on a coulple of occasions as the weather was not good for half of the week and was chilly at night, the heat pump on the air conditioning came in useful on a couple of occasions. The place is very quiet with no noticible road noise. Although, 3 days in, locals decided to start resurfacing a carpark at the back of the complex which continued until the weekend so our peace was shattered, even Antonio didn't know this was due to start, although it slightly took the shine off my honeymoon stay as I was after peace and quiet, this was not the fault of the Rainbow Golf Complex and I cannot mark the review down for that. I will be booking there again and would recommend this complex to anyone. Antonio is one of the niceist guys I have met, very genunine and his overall aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible, nothing is too much trouble, I had a small problem with one of the curtains not closing properly in the lounge, after mentioning it, it was fixed within five minutes, so I would like to thank Antonio again who runs a great complex, Sam for his great welcome and smile and help and Adrian ( one of the true nice guys too who always dresses immacuately with nails to die for) for the welcoming Swans and for making us feel special and to the housekeeping team for doing a grand job.

To sum up, a great place, perfect location and a fantastic welcome from genuine committed guys who want to make your holiday special.

David n David

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, especially for the winter months when the evenings can get chilly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank David N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very relaxing, friendly and aesthetically pleasing gay resort with lots of charm and good quality accommodation. A very good welcome and introduction to the resort by Antonio. Clothing optional is a real bonus. It's enjoyable just lounging by the pool. Am going back again later this year :)

11 Thank JK14713
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very relaxing environment, Antonio and the rest of the staff are great and friendly chaps .
Apartments are very spacious, clean and with private and front balcony
furthermore is clothes optional :-)

very good value for money, highly recommend this place

10 Thank Mario R
London4good
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was really impressed with the Rainbow Golf Resort - it's excellent and Antonio and Adrian went the extra mile to ensure everyone had a lovely experience - all so friendly and helpful! Lovely people! All the staff were very good and professional. I stayed at the resort with a naked social group of mates. Friends of mine were staying at 4 star hotel next to the Yambo center and I found myself thinking how glad I was to be staying at the Rainbow Golf rather than staying in a flat in a hotel with rooms above and below you - where you are just really a number. The Rainbow resort is more fitting to a relaxing, social holiday. Small enough to be intimate but large enough to have a good social dynamic going. The Pool, Jacuzi and Sauna were perfect as was the weather. The beds were very comfortable and I slept very well. Rainbow has everything I needed and with so much to explore I look forward to visiting again someday.

10 Thank London4good
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Antonio and his team took tremendous trouble and care exiting the previous occupiers and fitting us all in on the same day. Always with a smile and attention to detail. It's a quiet place and yet the nightlife is so near. Beach, Yumbo centre & supermarket are within walking distance. All the bungalows are kept really clean and just a small thing as a Tassimo coffee machine in your bungalow makes all the difference. Add in decent Wi-Fi, a jacuzzi, sauna with a lovely bar area and you have all that you need. Antonio and Sam really work hard and you can rest assured that the only thing you need to worry about is remembering to put on the sun lotion!

9 Thank subscriptions4george
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Was there with naked friends - we took over the whole complex. Just a fabulous place, with Antonio quickly learning all our names, with tremendous support from the bar staff, the cleaners and the gardeners. Everyone worked so hard to make our visit so enjoyable, and I will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar so no need to get picky!
10 Thank RoyBurns2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just returned home after spending one week in this resort. I, along with my partner, were part of a group booking who took the whole complex. We are a Gay naked group.
From the moment we rang the door bell at the entrance, we were treated with the utmost kindness and professionalism. Antonio was so kind and attentive to our needs. The bungalows are kept in the most pristine condition, and were a pleasure to spend the week in.
Antonio, Adrian and Sam were brilliant. Catering for all our needs. And the cleaning staff were second to none. This is the first Holiday that I have spent on a Gay complex, and must admit I was a little dubious of it to start with, but my fears were dispelled at the threashold. Would I stay there again?.....You bet, Can't wait till the next time. See you soon Antonio.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the nearer you are to the bar area the better the WIFI connection
12 Thank Costabear
Antonio M, Owner at Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Costabear,
I deeply apreciate your comments. It is great to know how much you have enjoyed your stay at our Resort. Our experience with the entire NakedMates group has been fab! You are a very unique group of friends. It has been the first time that a group has taken the whole Resort. Our entire team is really happy about the experience.
We hope we will repeat it in the near future to host NakedMates group.
Thank you very much.