“Just excellent all round”

Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first gay resort holiday. We didn't know what to expect. What we got was a very friendly and warm welcome at reception on arrival, and outstanding service thereafter by Sam, Antonio and all the staff. Antonio personally ensured that I was able to do some necessary laptop work even during my vacation (within the broadband constraints of the Canary Islands...). The new bar area opened while we were staying, and the new bar staff were very friendly and efficient too - as well as the bar being great value ! The rooms were spotless, and the pool area was pristine. The Yumbo centre was just a 20 minute walk away (maybe 25 minutes uphill or 15 minutes back downhill if you are as unfit as me). Sorry I just cannot think of anything negative to say about this place ...

Room Tip: Rooms nearer Reception have slightly better broadband...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Brendan_Rossa
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Well what can i say what i have not already said before, except more improvements made to this already fantastic resort, their is now air conditioning in most rooms and they have started doing food which was excellent.

From arrival to the last day of the holiday the service from all the staff was fantastic,nothing was to much trouble looking forward to my next visit.

Thank you once again Antonio, Sam, and Adrien.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank alps45
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of the best offerings in Maspalomas. By all parameters match the description. Team makes every effort to visitors feel at home. Location - very convenient, close to the beach and entertainment venues, and at the same time in a quiet area. When it's windy and cold, saving the sauna and jacuzzi. Liked that almost perfect for couples. In this place I want to go back. Special thanks to Antonio, Sam, Adrien, they are very attentive. In our opinion, there is simply no flaws. The rating is 10 deservedly on all counts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank BradsDan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

stayed here for 10 days this month on the lead up to pride.. Have always stayed near the yumbo before and wasn't sure about staying in Maspalomas.. This place is perfect!

A really lovely welcome from Antonio and his partner who gave us tips about the area and transport to various places. Our bungalow was pristine and a lovely bottle of bubbly waiting for us in the fridge!

Nice double bed with 2 single mattresses, they did tend to slide apart but was no problem. The cooking facilities were adequate for self catering and Antonio kindly directed us to the better supermarket in the area. Bungalow was spacious and spotlessly clean and our patio was a delight! Cleaned every day!

I use the internet quite a bit and having read some of the reviews i was worried we wouldn't be able to use the internet.. I needn't have worried we had very good wifi on the patio and around the pool area. However if you need wifi in the bungalow there is a 3g device that u can rent by the day for a small price.. but as i say we didnt need it!

I was worried from past experience that the complex would be party party party with loud music.. Again I needn't have worried. The pool area is very relaxed with some minimal background music for the perfect atmosphere, no problem getting a lounger by the pool at all. Everyone was very respectful you can chat in the cafe or round the pool or just chill out and read (which is what i love to do) We did the beach a couple of days but tbh we much preferred the atmosphere in the complex.

The cafe is reasonably priced and also offers things like big bottles of water for supermarket prices so no need to strain yourself lugging them home.

it costs around 3 euro in a taxi to get to the yumbo, there are plenty of taxis so no waiting around.

I have been to Gran Canaria many times before but i can honestly say this was the best stay yet and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Dougie247
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a week last week - and genuinely can't wait to return. We'd previously only stayed in Playa, adn our preferred place had started to get a bit too loud with pool parties for non-residents and a profusion of speakers blasting around the pool. Based on reviews here we chose rainbow golf. The welcome was lovely - from Antonio who had a genuine interest in us and our comfort throughout the stay. The pool area was incredibly friendly, there were guests from all over Europe, and we quickly got to know names and got on with people. We were worried it woud be a cat fight for loungers, but there was no problem getting one. Rooms were great, the double we had was two singles together with a double memory-foam mattress topper - not the best, but it worked.

Cava in the fridge on arrival was a lovely touch, and the cooking facilites were on a par with other places. Great shower in the room too. Great little cafe with shop too - no need to lug a 5l bottle home!!

Overall, was a really relaxing and lovely stay, we took taxis into playa, and it was usually under E3 , and we didn't miss being in playa at all. We hardly left teh place during the day, the heated pool is too easy to spend hours in, and it felt really homely. A great find.

Room Tip: 5,6,7 and 8 get evening sun if you really want to sit on the patio
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank CardiffRuggerhugger
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the resort in sept 13, they accommodation is great, clean and well appointed. The staff are friendly and attentive. my only criticism would be that it could do with a vending machine for water after hours as the local supermarkets are not open very late and if you run out there is nowhere to get any! Also the location for the beach and Yumbo centre are convenient if you like a walk. which we didn't mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Antonio M, Owner at Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Dave,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments.
By January 2013, when we launched our Resort, we installed a self service machine with drinks, including water, but almost nobody used it because guests prefer to buy directly at the pool bar during the day time.
We keep our pool bar (Social Cafe) open from 9am to 8pm and most of guests come during this opening time to get what they require. It is not easy to assume the costs of closing much later, as I hope you will understand.
Anyway, we will look for an alternative solution to continue improving our services for all the guests.
Thanks again for your comments.
Kind regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I read about this place on trip advisor and decided to give it a go as it was my first holiday alone and also my first to a gay resort - so was still a bit unsure of what to expect.

The resort itself is a beautiful little resort in a quiet area of maspalomas but close to the main beaches and the fantastic gay scene. It consists of 21 bungalows and all I can say about mine was it was perfect - loads of space on the front and back terraces, a comfortable lounge area, practical kitchen and bathroom and extremely comfortable bed. Most of all though the room was spotlessly clean - cleaned every day and regular bed linen and towel changes.

I was concerned about travelling alone as I assumed everyone else would be In a couple and no one would talk - I was completely wrong. The 9 days I was there there was a great mix of young and old guests, singles and couples, and from every corner of the world. Everyone was really friendly and is encouraged to be so by the fantastic staff. In no particular order

Christian - a warm and gentle man who runs the poolside cafe bar - delicious food and the perfect host.

Sam - the blonde bombshell ! - such a happy go lucky guy who ensures the place runs like clockwork and nothing is too much trouble. This place would not be the same without him. Made me feel like a mariquita :-)

Antonio the owner - takes such an interest in all his guests and makes every one feel welcome

All in all I had the best holiday thanks to this bunch of guys and their teams - I would highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back. I've met some lovely people and hopefully some friends for life.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
13  Thank ajslarbert
Antonio M, Owner at Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Alan,
I cannot express my gratitude enough for your comments. I am very happy to know you had your best holidays ever.
Thank you very much from the whole team.
Best regards,