“Formidable”

Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort
Lille, France
“Formidable”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent 13 days in this hotel and we have really enjoyed our stay there. The complex itself is friendly and our bungalow was big, pretty and very pleasant. The quietness was welcome ;-)

We loved :
- the staff and particularly Sam's tips, the boss kindness. We think of you all naturally ;-)
The room service was excellent, polite and careful.
- The food at the bar
- The warm pool and the jacuzzi.

The only downside is that the beach is far. A cab is necessary each time.

The island is wonderful. Renting a car is hardly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Reading all the glowing reports on Trip Advisor made a booking at Rainbow Golf a 'no brainer' for me! Opened some 18 months ago, it quickly got the reputation of being a good choice for those wanting a "quieter" and "gay clothing-optional" place to stay in Gran Canaria. Having said that, Rainbow Golf is a short taxi ride (three euros) from the Yumbo for those who like clubbing etc. and want to do a little duty free shopping. Antonio and his staff were marvelous, with, seemingly, nothing being too much trouble. On arrival, Sam, the 'second-in-command', welcomed me at the gate with a "Hello, you must be Andy - welcome to Rainbow Golf". And I hadn't said a word! Within an hour, I was friends with all the staff and many of the other guests. Great pool (1.5m deep end) and more than enough sun loungers. The only 'downside' to my entire stay was that I had to leave and return home after my seven days!!

I am one of those travelers who prefer the economics of public transport over taxis! In the booking confirmation email were details of how to get to the property from the airport. I opted for the regular service 90 bus from the airport's departures level which dropped me at a bus stop about 150 metres from Rainbow Golf (fare was 4.05 euros and journey time about 30 minutes)

I would not describe Rainbow Golf as a "trendy" place to stay as trendy normally equal expensive. It is certainly - and delightfully - 'out of the ordinary', very comfortable and most affordable. Great value for money!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Antonio M, Owner at Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Andy,
What can I say after reading your words? A big thank you. You are a wonderful gentleman and I have enjoyed very much as well your stay in our Resort.
I sincerely look forward to see you again with us for your next escape to Gran Canaria.
Best regards,
Antonio
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit this year to Rainbow Golf Bungalows, well once you find the best, why visit the rest. Yet again we had a wonderful warm welcome from Antonio and was welcomed as friends. We chose the same bungalow when booking and it was spotless and ready on our arrival. This time we choose Rainbow Golfs own transfers from the airport and was the best decision we made this time, we landed on the Tarmac at 16:18pm and was at Rainbow Golf by 5pm. ( we did have only hand luggage though ) but it was great just being greeted by your driver and delivered door to door. Also paid dividends on our return today as we were picked up at 4:45am for a 6:25am flight home. Perfect. So the last 10 days have been so relaxing and fun, as ever the team did everything to make us feel welcome, they really do make you feel like friends. Can't wait to see my amigos again. Thank you all at RGB.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

An amazing time at Rainbow Golf. Staff were wonderful, caring, helpful and more. The bungalow was clean and smart, just great. I even left my headphones and wallet in my Bungalow and the owner drove all the way to the airport to give it to me!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first gay resort holiday. We didn't know what to expect. What we got was a very friendly and warm welcome at reception on arrival, and outstanding service thereafter by Sam, Antonio and all the staff. Antonio personally ensured that I was able to do some necessary laptop work even during my vacation (within the broadband constraints of the Canary Islands...). The new bar area opened while we were staying, and the new bar staff were very friendly and efficient too - as well as the bar being great value ! The rooms were spotless, and the pool area was pristine. The Yumbo centre was just a 20 minute walk away (maybe 25 minutes uphill or 15 minutes back downhill if you are as unfit as me). Sorry I just cannot think of anything negative to say about this place ...

Room Tip: Rooms nearer Reception have slightly better broadband...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brits abroad
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Well what can i say what i have not already said before, except more improvements made to this already fantastic resort, their is now air conditioning in most rooms and they have started doing food which was excellent.

From arrival to the last day of the holiday the service from all the staff was fantastic,nothing was to much trouble looking forward to my next visit.

Thank you once again Antonio, Sam, and Adrien.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of the best offerings in Maspalomas. By all parameters match the description. Team makes every effort to visitors feel at home. Location - very convenient, close to the beach and entertainment venues, and at the same time in a quiet area. When it's windy and cold, saving the sauna and jacuzzi. Liked that almost perfect for couples. In this place I want to go back. Special thanks to Antonio, Sam, Adrien, they are very attentive. In our opinion, there is simply no flaws. The rating is 10 deservedly on all counts.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple