“Friendly, intimate and perfect stay!”

Club Torso Gay Resort
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed for 10 days at Club Torso and have to say that it was a great experience from day one! It started with the taxi that picked us up at the airport, the friendly reception at the front door on arrival by Martijn, the spotlessly clean bungalow among only 12 at the resort to our taxi on our departure.

We loved the quiet intimacy of the resort and the proximity to the Yumbo Centre and the Dunes with a short walk to both without being in the centre of either one. There's nothing like a walk home after an evening out or a day at the beach to enjoy your surroundings!

Our room was kept meticulously clean by June who we had great banter with, sweets left on the bed for us, and towels were changed as we needed.

Breakfast was always a great experience with the effervescent Richard and continued throughout our delicious luncheon meals. Ask for the Club Torso Burger which is not on the menu for lunch: A cheeseburger with bacon and fried egg. An Irishman's delight!

The common areas were cleaned on a daily basis and the pool and jacuzzi were most welcome after sitting in the sun for several hours.

The only drawback was the warmth of the coffee and hot water for tea for breakfast. (Note to the owners: Thermus carafes or better insulated urns will quickly remedy this.)

We highly recommend Club Torso to anyone who is looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun with a friendly staff, clean surroundings, a very comfortable bed, a kitchen with full amenities, a delicious lunch, full bar, and an all around great experience for a perfect stay!

4  Thank Aracnomike
There are newer reviews for Club Torso Gay Resort

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Thanks to M, R, M and J we enjoyed a wonderful week in Club Torso. In a relaxed atmosphere we had a very lazy holiday. The bungalows and garden look good. The resort is new, but the management is very familiar on the island. Thanks. Hasta luego!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarcNico
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Do I need to say more?!
All excellent!
Richard, Martijn, Marcel and June; perfect!
They are funny, helpfull, coöperative and and eager to make a quest feel welcome and at home.
Well kept bungalows and surroundings!

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Eshvisser
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Club Torso is simply the best gay resort in Maspalomas/Playa del Ingles. Martijn and Marcel are extremely helpful and friendly, and make you feel at home.
The place is VERY clean (which is sometimes difficult to find in the region). I have never seen a cleaning person as efficient as June, who does a perfect job, and this, with a big broad smile all the time.
Quiet, well-located (although a car is always a plus, here, to go to the dunes, or explore the area), and very intimate, the Torso Club is the place I recommend for all its advantages. Even though there is no fitness on the premises, they have many strong points (beautiful pool, excellent state of repair, good snack all day through, friendly bar and bed, oh so comfortable).

4  Thank businesstripper43
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We spent a week in this lovely resort under new management, and really enjoyed our stay very much. In Maspalomas, where all gay places look and feel the same, this is definitely something different. The resort is firstly very well taken care of, clean and spotless. New chairs around the pool (the pool which we saw being cleaned three times in the week we were there). Good, clean rooms, with excellent (new) beds to start with, good breakfast (though some variance everyday would make it even better), nicely warmed swimmng pool and jacuzzi, daily cleanng/fresh towels and of course great hosts at the bar (marcel, martijn, richard and june) make this an outstanding resort. On the minus side we can only think of its location: it is around 15 mins walk to Yumbo centre, and 20 mins walk to the beach, which some people might think to long to walk, but we didnt bother (and had a rental car :-))
Marcel, Martijn and Richard at the bar make sure you get what you want: just a drink, some conversation or tips on the gay life or just local restaurants.
If you want a sunny poolsideroom, ask for rooms 1-2-11-12 or shady poolsiderooms 6-7.
Tanks for a great stay and all the best!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 12.
7  Thank Stan1972
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I spent a week in Club Torso last week from 2 to 9 February 2013. It was my first time visiting the island and all my expectations were based on the reviews I read. Therefore, I decided to write one to give my advice to fellow travelers who query reviews for direction.

Resort: I, when traveling, need four pillars to build a successful trip; a clean room and a bathroom, comfortable bed, decent coffee and internet connection. Club Torso is all these and more. All these services become nicer because of the friendly attitude of our hosts Martijn and Richard, Marcel and ever smiley June. The resort is one of the best I saw on the island (yes, I visited some and observed others) as it is more modern, compact and supplies all one expects of a trip to Gran Canaria; accommodation, pool, bar, Jacuzzi and a play area.

Location; it is not bang in the middle of the gay area. However, it is better that the resort is not. I am not sure if it is convenient to be in the middle of all the hustle and bustle every night. I very much liked walking to Yumbo for 15 minutes but still be away from it all when I needed to. It is also a good base to move between the Yumbo, Gay Beach and the Lighthouse areas. Conveniently walking distance to all.

Over all, it was a great holiday. The common ground where the breakfast, the pool and the Jacuzzi were brought people together and we met some lovely people we will keep in touch with. I had great time in and out of the club; met very friendly locals and expats who live on the island and I am looking forward to another holiday to Gran Canaria and at Club Torso. Strongly recommend as a home away from home for stays at Gran Canaria...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank mnemonictr
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I've just erased the review I was about to finish writing as when I read it, it sounded like an advert written by the owner. :)

Therefore, I'll keep this review short and sweet.

Club Torso is an amazing resort to stay in. Great location, yummy breakfast, fast Wi-Fi, spotlessly clean rooms and grounds, beautiful pool and amazing jacuzzi.

We were lucky enough to meet great guys from Italy, Slovakia, France and Holland who were also staying in Club Torso with us.

Martijn, Richard and Marcel do a great job. They are very friendly and helpful, too.

Besides, I had a chance to see another gay resort in Playa del Ingles and that made me feel like, I was staying in a five star deluxe accommodation.

In my opinion, this is one of the best gay resorts on the island, if not the best one!

Thank you very much guys for everything. I had a fantastic holiday and will definitely go back!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!