“A week at the Vital Suites”

and 1 more site!
Vital Suites Hotel & Spa
Ranked #73 of 217 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just finishing off a lovely week's holiday in Maspalomas, and I have to say I have been absolutely delighted with the Vital Suites; the room (322) is excellent, spacious, nice furniture, clean and has a lovely balcony overlooking the pool, which gets the perfect afternoon sun! Just what I needed!

There is a minibar in the room which is perfect for storing your after sun products (if you are prone to getting sun burnt)! Breakfast was really lovely, fresh fruit, charcuterie selection, breads, pastries, coffee, tea and some cooked options too in chaffing dishes. However, the nicest touch was the omelette bar, where they make omelettes for you on order - I suppose pancakes too, as I saw a bottle of syrup (unless people put chocolate sauce on omelette, which I think would even be a step too far for Heston Blumenthal.)

The pool looks lovely and clean - I only used it once, instead opting for the 15 minute stroll (and then 20 minute hike across the dunes), to the beach. The location is perfect - close to the beach, and close to the shops, etc. (I ended up visiting the supermarket and purchasing fruit, water, etc to keep me going for the week). In the evenings, it was rather pleasant sitting out on the balcony, listening to the cheesy disco music (last night they seemed to have an ABBA tribute group - can't complain about that) playing for the bar/restaurant on the other side of the wall....but that goes quiet fairly early on.....so no problems there.

Staff I have encountered (not many, as I have had no problems at all), have been excellent - cleaner has been absolutely lovely in looking after me, and insisting that I take the little chocolates they leave on your bed after cleaning the suite. The breakfast staff have been extremely friendly and attentive, and ensured I that I had all I required for breakfast. I did attempt, in a feeble way to speak to them with my very limited Spanish - I think they gave up on me, but the omelette chef was very happy when ordered in Spanish - so it is always worth trying!

The room has plenty of plug sockets, one of which is slightly broken - will report it tomorrow, and has excellent Wifi available too.

Overall, and excellent stay and highly recommendable!

Room Tip: Room 322, where I stayed was very good. Although only gets afternoon and evening sun, which is my fa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nick_deecee

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent a vey pleasant week at this hotel and spa. The apartments were large,spacious and airy with a large balcony over looking a pleasant pool area., and the golf course which ran across the back of the property.
It is situated in a quiet area with a 20 minutes slow stroll to the beach. A five minute slow stroll to the shops, bars and bus stops to various places on the island.

Plenty on offer for the buffet style breakfast....The evening meals although edible were not the best.

The staff were always pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: There are rooms which open up onto the pool area with a patio area, our room was first floor which w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela K
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner & I brought another couple here a few months ago and this time the food had improved so that all of us were quite happy with it. Not great, but ok. Of course, the views are stunning and they are the reason why we choose this place.
Re-visited it this month while my daughter was visiting and - lo and behold! - both food and service had improved remarkably. I don't know if there is new management in place, but the whole experience was really very, very enjoyable. So, on my fifth visit here for lunch everything fell into place. Four stars well earned!
PS. It would be nice to see this restaurant listed separately under "Playa del Inglés / Restaurants", rather than "Maspalomas Hotels".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MartinW_Dublin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

All undercoat and no gloss. Arrived first night, dead cock-roaches and dirty mattress, it looked liked blood. Apparently upgraded to a superior suite, paint peeling off the walls and infested with cock-roaches. This place has probably been brilliant in the past, but needs to move on. It's saving grace was the spa, fantastic. All in all, no better then 3 star. Would not return.

Room Tip: Don't stay on ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week with my Mum Dad and brother and we couldn't talk about it enough when we came home. We want to go bk as soon as we can. The half board was exceptional with a four course meal and very very tasty food!! The pool, spa and staff were all wonderful and we enjoyed it so much!!!!!! :) definitely a spot not to miss!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank leethebaker
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

First time at this hotel. I was impressed with the size of the room, more like an apartment with a lovely terrace with pool view. The socket in bedroom was broken as if it had been pushed inside, clearly this should have been picked up by cleaner. Don't want to charge laptop or telephone in another room it just doesn't work. Also one of the lights in bathroom not working, little things make the difference. Breakfast very good and lovely fresh fruits. Dinner time also good, however choice limited to two starters and two mains to choose from. One of the meals I had was a pork escalope, a quarter of the escalope was still pink, white meat should be well cooked like chicken!!!!all I got back was sorry señor!staff friendly, pool very good, quality of food very good, spa very good. If they manage to fix those little but annoying problems would give 5 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My second time here for lunch at the poolside bar. Stunning scenery. Brought my sister here and she was wowed by it. She was pleased enough with her Caesar salad but my Insalada Caprese was a disaster. Hard, flavourless tomatoes, ice-cold and equally flavourless mozarella and no basil(!). On the previous occasion the food had only been passable. Service was so-so. To be recommended only for the views.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family