eo Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado
Melia.com
US$190
US$186
Hotels.com
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
US$146
US$132
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
US$282
US$184
US$543
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
US$69
  • Pool
Cordial Green Golf(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$122
  • Pool
Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$146
US$332
US$247
  • Breakfast included
1,135 results
All reviewsfree busouter circlepool areasaladrelaxing holidaymaspalomas beachclean towels every daycleaned dailyplaya del inglessmall fridgepaellaan open mindall inclusive foodplenty of choicemeal timesfresh towelsmain pool
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband 24 - 31 May and having read many fairly negative reviews about the place I was sceptical - I almost changed accommodation at the last minute. However I am pleased to say I didn't, as we ended up having a great week! The resort is lovely, quiet and peaceful. We found all the staff very pleasant and didn't mind going to the bar for drinks - I do think they will need extra staff there over the busier period though.
Also I personally would find the air con too feeble in the warmer months - it was a bit pathetic to say the least!
The food was a high standard - far better than larger AI we have been to in other countries - smoked salmon one morning, there was sword fish and tuna a couple of lunch times and 2 evenings there was a BBQ.
The location is ideal as its quiet enough to be really relaxed yet a short taxi ride or walk to the action - of which there is plenty!!!! Met some fantastic people whilst we were there which of course helps tremendously. However, even without meeting them I would recommend this place wholly. We may even return!!!

Room Tip: We had a bungalow in the middle - 228 it was a good position
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flygal68
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On arrival we were really impressed with the sophisticated decor in reception and the appearance of the bungalows. We had a very polite welcome from the staff both at reception and the pool bar and were just in time for lunch. We were very hungry and not disappointed with the choice of food. It tasted excellent all week but the hot food was not kept hot enough. However the selection was fabulous and we ate really well all week and even enjoyed some smoked salmon and sparkling wine at breakfast one day. However, they did not serve any snacks during the day as advertised so if you missed breakfast you had to wait til 1 pm for lunch.
The majority of bar staff treated us as a bit of an inconvenience and I think that could be down to the fact there was just not enough of them. This meant service was a bit hit and miss and most meal times we had to stand at the bar to order drinks instead of being asked at our table, as should be the norm in a 4* hotel. One bar man would only serve one drink per person so it was hard to take advantage of the all inc. bar at last orders time and only half pints were served around the pool.
The accommodation was satisfactory in that it had all the facilities you need, was kept adequately clean and had fresh towels everyday. The laundering of the towels was shoddy and a lot were stained and old. The air conditioning was weak, the bathroom fittings poor, the light above the sink did not work and the sockets were a bit 'iffy' but the hair dryer was very good so don't take your own. The double bed was two singles pushed together with plastic mattresses that made you sweat and creaked as you rolled over. My son had to sleep on a narrow camp bed with the same plastic mattress and none of us had a great night's sleep all week.
The pool was lovely but not cleaned properly and I think they only chlorinated it once in the week we were there. The sun loungers were dirty as were the poolside tables which were usually still full of the previous used cups from the day before. Again probably due to lack of staff.
There was no entertainment on an evening and had we not met an awesome bunch of people while we were there our evenings would have been dull,unless we got a taxi to Maspalomas beach or Playa Del Ingles for 4euros approx. (Most guests seem to do this which leaves it like a ghost town but at least the bar staff will like that!).
A courtesy bus is provided for hotel guests to both these resorts during the day which is great as there were no supermarkets nearby ( the ones we could see nearby were closed bizzarely) and you get to see the beautiful beach and shops / bars available down there. .
My 12 year old son was kept suitably entertained with the pool tables and air hockey, but they cos 1 euro a go. I dread to think how much we spent on them as apart from swimming that's all he did! The table tennis can be used with a 10 euro returnable deposit.
I would recommend for a weeks stay and no more. It's not a typical 4* and I'm glad I got a good deal on the stay. If not I woulda been very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JeanetteAmys
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have wrote a review on this before, but looks like its been deleted. So I will write one again as i think its fair for people to know everyone's opinions on something, after all its what Trip advisor was made for. Me and my boyfriend went here in October 2013 for a 2 week all inclusive holiday, looking at all the mixed reviews etc, we decided to go with an open mind about things and enjoy our holiday, as we thought it might be the customers being fussy. The rooms were cleaned every day, and were really modern and lovely, nice and different to have your own bungalow, the cleaners were lovely and such hard workers. When we arrived the room wasn't ready, which wasn't a big deal for us anyway. The sunbeds are lovely especially the bedded ones, the food was okay, the first night we arrived there we were asked our table number and what we would like to drink, and the waiter asked us to sign the bit of paper to confirm the room we were in, not knowing that actually at the end of the holiday although we paid for all inclusive they tried to charge us for these drinks! About the 10th day in we just went to the restaurant as per usual to be shouted at that we had to wait to be seated, the waiter was so so rude to us I don't know weather this was because we were a young couple but its un-exceptable, especially 10 days in to a 2 week holiday shouldn't be one rule for one and not the other. So the place defiantly needs some organisation on who's on an all inclusive holiday and if they want people to wait to be seated then they need to be more organised and put it into place permanently and for every guest. This made us eat out for mostly the rest of the holiday. The facilities were also not what they said on paper the 'heated pool' which was still suppose to be heated on the dates we went was freezing cold, the gym was a shed with non-usable equipment in it (there's a good gym across the road). The air con in the room is also the nosiest thing ever and does leak! So all in all a bit of a bad experience here due to rude staff, and trust me were not fussy people, I work in the industry myself so know how some people can be picky! I would defiantly recommend booking to go to the moonlight cinema was a one off experience which was a lovely evening out, and maspalomas itself is beautiful lovely beach, good restaurants and shopping around!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a joke. Do not stay here. Rooms are basic, dirty and full of ants, no hot water for shower, recycled tinned food in restaurant, ok if you like prison food, and branded alcohol is for show only, as you will have to go outside and get your watered down drink from the hut outside.
Be careful because the bar staff have No customer service training and are obviously being held as hostage having to do this job. Lol. Evening entertainment is sitting outside in the cold, the entertainment is the lack of service and manners from bar staff and lack of alcoholic drinks, think I drank dog urine.
The pool is dirty and freezing cold, the sauna has cockroaches in it and the towels are ripped and dirty.
Only stay at this hotel if you have lost a bet or Stupid.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Matherchaud
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from a week here. Had a great week due to some brilliant friends we met at the resort however felt very let down by the food and the attitude of some (not all) of the staff.
The bunglaows are neat and tidy, but a long way from UK 4-star standards. TV worked sometimes, air conditioner leaked over all our clothes and poor finish to the fittings. Euro-plug adapters don't fit in most of the sockets either, strangely.
Lovely pool area which was fairly clean and tidy however during our stay the small pool and Jaccuzzi were out of action due to maintenance for the first few days. Also, management decided that they would spend the week stripping the varnish from the poolside bar and re-doing it. Not a problem, except the workmen only seemed to work during meal times and clouds of sanded paint stripper flew across the dinner tables and the bar was difficult to access.
Staff seemed very reluctant all week to serve us drinks, preferring to continue conversations with colleagues or simply walk away from us.
Every hot meal was cold, fortunately a microwave oven was accessible in the restaurant to re-heat the food which you really shouldn't expect in a 4-star establishment.
Rules appeared to change on a daily basis, we were denied a take-away coffee one morning during breakfast time and when there are no drink-making facilities in the rooms this was very frustrating. On our last evening as the hotel seemed to fill with more guests, a lot of the food choices had run out and I found nothing to eat for dinner. Staff didn't care at all.
We found reception staff very friendly and helpful throughout our stay, it's a shame they were let down by the restaurant and bar staff.
The location of the resort means a 4-5 euro taxi ride to the nearby Playa Del Ingles shopping centres, frustrating when there isn't a shop within walking distance.
If you get a really good deal on this hotel then it would be worth considering but if you pay for and expect a 4-star service then expect to be disappointed.
Overall we would give our holiday a 10 out of 10 but that was due to the people we met, not the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple